Part 26

PoV: Sonic

"Alright, time for the final test," Tails had called everyone over. He had finished the antidote and had Eggman standing in the center of the room.

"You know I really don't appreciate being used as a test subject for your friend," Eggman complained just as Tails dropped a single drop of the serum onto Eggman.

"How long does it take?" Blaze asked, we were all anxiously watching.

"I'm gonna miss holding Sonic," Rouge took me from Shadow, "You were so cozy."

"Shadow help me!" I reached for him and someone else grabbed me and put me down on the ground.

"You'll be back to normal in no time," Silver had put ne down in front if Eggman, who was still small.

"Feel anything?" I asked him.

"Unusally... tired..." he sat down and laid back. He fell asleep immediately. After he was asleep he started getting bigger! Within minutes there was a fully grown Eggman on the floor of Tail's workshop.

"It works!" Tails cheered, "Okay Sonic, your turn."

I looked back at everyone, all of them smiling. Shadow simply nodded before signaling me to go ahead.

"Okay... I'm ready," I laid down and Tails dropped the serum over me.

I didn't feel anything for a bit. Then I was washed by a huge wave of fatigue. Eggman was right... this makes you... really... tired... ... ...

---

"Mm..." I felt dizzy, it was warm. I opened my eyes and found myself in my own bed. I was dressed in a warm shirt and pyjama pants. My stomach immediately released the largest growl I had ever heard, "Oh chaos... I should eat..."

I froze as I realized I didn't need to stand up in bed. I could get down on my own. I was back to normal! I was in my own clothes and I could cook my own breakfast.

"Woah..." I lost balance as I tried to walk.

"Hey!" I was caught and suddenly placed back onto my bed, "You shouldn't move around yet, your body just increased in size. You've been sleeping for almost three days," I knew that voice, it was Shadow! "Tails said you'd wake up starving, here."

"Shadow..." I took the muffin from him. I immediately took a bite. I had never been this hungry before.

"Its a side effect from suddenly growing. Your body lost a lot of energy to grow, so you slept for a while, same as Eggman. You'll be fine in about a day," he set down a second muffin on the night stand.

"You brought me back to my house?" I started eating the second muffin.

"I did. I've been taking care of you while you slept. Nothing out of our ordinary. I kept the house warm so we could avoid hibernation. I cleaned off all the dust, and then waited for you to wake," he sat down besides me and held out his hand.

"I don't fit there anymore," I laughed and held his hand.

"Force of habit," he didn't pull his hand away or move, he just let me hold it a while.

"It's a good habit..." I yawned after finishing my next muffin.

"Are you still tired?" He asked.

"No, just waking up. Hey Shadow, when the snow melts let's go for a race in green hills," I laid back on the bed, still holding his hand. I felt him squeeze mine back.

"Sounds good. You need time to readjust to your speed before racing anyone," he got up and left, soon he came back with a book and sat at the edge of my bed. He was doing the same routine we had everyday. I woke up and we ate. Then we had quiet time in the morning where I stayed quiet so he could read a chapter or two. Then he would play with me, although now that I was finally my normal size, all I wanted was to catch up on everything I couldn't do. I played my video games, and I got to cook myself a real lunch, not a grape or noodle, a while meal for myself and for Shadow.

That night I could sleep in my own bed. It's good to be back, I don't have Rouge doing weird things to me.

I laid in bed and got comfortable, but I couldn't sleep. My bed was missing the warmth and scent Shadow's bed had. I walked down to the couch, he was laying there.

"I thought you went home," I had gone downstairs to grab my coat and leave.

"I couldn't sleep at home," he sighed.

"I was in bed and I couldn't sleep. It's been almost three months since the last time I slept alone... Could you- ah!" He tossed me over his shoulder, "Shadow?"

"You miss being carried around and held. You were spoiled, you can't readjust in one night," he brought me back upstairs to my bed and laid with me, covering us both in the blanket.

"Thank you," I nuzzled into his fur, that smell and warmth came over me again.

"This cannot be come a regular thing," he sighed.

"Why not?" I looked up at him.

"First of all, we live apart and no one can know about this," he answered.

"Can we just live together? Keep everything the same? I liked living and being with you..." I was starting to get sleepy.

"Can you handle Amy's backlash?"

"Yeah, I think it'll be okay," I hugged him, "Can we start packing tomorrow? I'll put the house up for sale..."

"We'll start moving things tomorrow. But you need to by the matress..." Shadow yawned as he got comfortable.

"Deal..."

~~~ The End ~~~

11/6/2021

I loved this book guys! In the beginning I was going to make it smuttier, but fluff was just too cute and adorable.

This book was such a fun little story, I hope you guys enjoyed reading it as much as I enjoyed writing it.

P.S in the future, Sonic and Shadow live together because they got too used to being together. Amy hated it, but it was too late to ruin their fluffy snuggly friendship.

Hope to see you guys in the future! Love you!

Goodbye~ 🥰😚🥰😚🥰😚

🖤💙🖤💙🖤💝🖤💙🖤💙🖤