„Just Friends"

I have a best friend, he and I have been friends since kindergarten and we always spend our days together.

But one day he acted a little weird and smiled at me more often than usual and always had an eye on me.

I was just confused, but accepted it.

So, it was lunchtime in school and we went to the cafeteria to eat something, before we went to our sport lessons.

(He is playing American Football and I'm one of the Cheerleader.)

We always sat next to each other, but he changed it by sitting right in front of me.

„What are you doing? We are always sitting next to each other!"

„Yeah I know, but this view is much better, because I can look into your beautiful eyes for once."

My stomach felt like I needed to throw up, but I guess these were..butterflies? What is happening here right now???

We were talking and acting like idiots and this is so not us, but it felt so good in a way.

He always has the perfect words to lift me up.

Every time he enters a room, it lights up, because of his cute, but weird laugh and just everything about him makes me happy and the people around him loves his presence very much. He just has this effect on people and it's a gift from God.

We hugged a little longer than usual and went to our sport lessons.

The next day, he picked me up for school and everything was less weird than yesterday, until lunch break.

This time we were sitting next to each other, but not usually - no - his body was so near to mine, I felt his warmth and my body just went crazy and the butterflies came out again and I was smiling like an idiot, like he did.

What was happening between us? I guess, our friends knew it before us.

When I'm around him, I just have a warm feeling inside of me and I think I'm falling in love with my best friend..

After school ended we went to his car, but he stopped halfway through and I stopped automatically too.

„Is something wrong with you or why did you stop so abruptly?"

He didn't even answer, he just pushed my body against his, waited a few seconds and kissed me slowly and just for a moment I felt so much, I was confused but I also wanted more than just one kiss from him, because it felt so right.

I guess, a boy and a girl can't just be friends, if they have feelings for one another.