book two, chapter five: protect

GUYS IM SO SORRY FOR THE WAIT, THANK YOU FOR BEING SO PATIENT 😭😭😭❤️

IF U WANNA GO FOLLOW MY TIK TOK ITS @ loveleyee.e
(I WILL PROLLY BE CHANGING IT SOON)

ILL BE POSTING DIFFERENT ONES TONIGHT CAUSE THE ONE I HAVE UP SUCKS AJXJDJ

ANYWAYS LOVE U ALL ENJOY

Ash's P.O.V

He was being so ridiculous.

Larry's arms were crossed angrily while he was kicking around a pillow on the ground.

It flew across the room hitting his stuff occasionally knock little things off the shelves.

"Dude you need to calm your shit" I demanded and shoved him, making him stumble back. "You know that wasn't her fault right?"

"Of course it was! She fucking drank when I specifically had asked her not to. She broke a goddamn promise and I'm so fucking mad!" He yelled.

I rolled my eyes and groaned loudly "you're acting like a child Larry! I basically forced that down her throat, if anything it was my fault. and she barely even had any!"

I wasn't going to not own up to my faults. I knew I shouldn't have pressured her, but damnit I just wanted to have a fun night with her!

"That doesn't matter Ash. She could've gotten hurt" he pointed to the door "you think she would've been able to do something if she did? Really?"

"You're overreacting. She didn't and she's fine! And if (Y/N) did get hurt she had the three of us there!" I pointed out, picking up the pillow that was flying all over.

"You're the one who gave her a drink! You don't seem all that responsible"

I groaned loudly "you know she's smart right? You know she's capable of handling daily situations, right?!"

He pinched the bridge of his nose "I know she's not stupid-"

"Then stop treating her like she is!" I snapped, walking up to him angrily "do you realize she went years without you? Years that she probably had to endure all the bullshit that everyone around here throws at us? How many times guys probably either bullied her or tried to get into her pants? And you really think she just let them pick on her like that? You think she's dumb enough to not understand anything?!"

Larry was silent.

"Stop being a toxic little bitch and treat her with the respect and be confident in her ability to be a person." I shook my head. "And if something did happen, it wouldn't have been your job to say 'I told you so'. If something happened it wouldn't have been her fault. You have a right to be upset, but crucifying her for something she was fully in control of? Completely ridiculous.

I saw him walk over to the bed and sit, defeated on the mattress. He said nothing still, and I worried that I went a little to hard on him.

I stepped forward. "Larry?"

A loud sob escaped from his mouth as he was clearly trying to hold it back.

I ran over to his side and sat on the bed, rubbing his back lightly to try and help him "hey I'm sorry I didn't mean to make you upset..."

He shook his head and hurried his face in his hands, tears dripping onto his lap. "N-no you didn't I j-just... I want to protect h-her.... Just like you said... I lost out o-on years of being able to hold her when she was sad or s-scared.. when Travis hit her I just... I didn't w-want to see her like that again.. And I thought about all the t-times that could've happened when I wasn't th-there you know?"

I listened and leaned my head on his shoulder.

"A-and just the way she held o-onto me.. she was so delicate I just... don't w-want anything else to happen to her..." he continued to cry into his hands as I stayed quiet. He rambled more on about how he cares so much about her and wish she never had left, so he could've protected her. He wish he could've stepped in with Travis, and was just so paranoid with everyone at the concert.

I half didn't blame him. A lot of sketchy things happened in the past at that place. Lots of gross men and physical assaults.

I cleared my throat "I understand where you're coming from. But you need to keep in mind, that she's okay. She can do what she wants to do. And she can handle the outcome of anything that comes her way. (Y/N) is so strong, and really tough"

He nodded and wiped his tears "I know..."

We just sat there for a little while longer. Thankfully, didn't hear any screaming coming from the other room, so all seemed well Sal and (Y/N).

Those two don't seem like the type to fight.

As if on cue, there was a knock on the door. The two of us looked up and spotted the blue haired boy we both love.

"Hey" Sal simply greeted "how're you doing Larry?"

"I'm better..." Larry let out a big sigh "I'm sorry for causing a whole scene"

Sal shrugged and leaned against the wall "No worries man, you were upset." He tilted his head towar the door "she passed out, she's really worn down I think."

Larry nodded and I pat his back "Tomorrow is a new day. We can all sort this out then, and things will get better..."

He quickly turned my way and hugged me, surprising me at first. "Thanks ash. You're the coolest"

I giggled and hugged him back happily.

It was really great being able to help my friends out. I'd never trade them for the world.