Chapter 16

Liam POV
I stood near Aris as he fired the gun shoving back the berserkers giving him a clear and somewhat simple shot. A screech sound as Sonya, Harriet and Vince found their way over to us. Sonya smiled at me.

"CRANKS" Vince screamed.

"How'd they get in!!" Aris yelled

"I don't know but wolves can't really do much in a fight where guns are needed" I said. Sonya nodded, grabbing a gun from her belt. I took it as we fell back towards the door of the maze.
Scott found his way over somehow armed. Aiden and Ethan ran back going up to Stiles, Newt, and Minho. Minho still held his sword as Newt dropped the spear to support Stiles. Scott threw his weapon over to Malia as she ran over. He moved to Stiles' other side supporting some of her belt.

Aris spoke then he traded me weapons telling me to aim for the chest or the legs of the cranks. "I'm going to go open the maze doors. I know the backup code that Stiles made and by now they've put in the code too many times and he's too weak to tell them it" Aris spoke walking away. Brenda and Jorge showed their face on the front line now.

We continued firing at the berserkers that were left.

"MOVE SHANKS" Minho yelled, running at the last berserkers and slashing the animals skulls of their  heads turning them into dust. He smirked at the rest of us as a wave of cranks entered our line of sight.

I fired like Aris had told me as the door opened. Aris waved all of us through. Stiles, Newt, and Scott go through first, followed by Isaac, Aiden and Malia, Brenda and Jorge go through together with Vince right behind them. Gally went through on his own.

Harret shoved Aris through leaving just me and Sonya firing at the wave of cranks. They were more bold now as there were less of us. They ran through the metal panels faster than before.

Sonya grabbed my wrist, yanking my arm making me follow behind her the door slamming shut behind us.

Everything was completely black until a red light shone. An exit sign. Minho and Aris led the way. We walked down the hallway to another door. The door automatically opened and we went through.

There was a table with sheets lying on top all the gladers looked away. Then we were led into a destroyed lab. Chairs were flipped over and the thin glass like computer screens had bullet holes in them. There was dried blood pooled on the floor.

"They couldn't have bothered to clean that up nice to know the shanks actually cared about us" Minho said. Stiles bit his lip as we walked past the blood.

"It was Chuck wasn't it" I asked.

Scott glared at me over his shoulder but Stiles glared right back with an even more intense look. Scott sighed before he stopped glaring at me.

"Ya it was" Stiles answered, sounding weaker as he finished the short sentence.

"You know the bloody shank kinda reminds me of a younger version of you Liam" Newt said. Stiles and Minho nodded in agreement as the big doors opened and sunlight poured in.

"Really" I asked. All three nodded again.

"Ya Chuck was ready to fight any battle if it meant helping his friends even when he was scared" Minho answered for once not being sarcastic.

I stayed silent after that. We found another Berg outside and saw Lydia waiting by it. She smiled as she saw us walk out.

She ran forward with a worried expression when she noticed Stiles being held up by Newt and Scott. She took Scott's place leaning her head on Stiles' shoulder. He smiled down at her causing a few girls to squeal about how cute the two were together.