chapter eleven

FAKE COUPLE

"you look good. if only you stepped out of your comfort zone and dressed like this all the time." will says as she walks downstairs.

"wow jeez, maybe if i didn't grow up feeling like shit all the time, i would." she murmurs and clutches onto her shoulder bag.

"you put makeup over your scars?" he asks, he grabbing her arm as she nods, "yeah it's better."

"well you look great. mom, el's leaving!" he shouts.

joyce then walks out of the dining room, "el, honey, you look amazing! that dress is beautiful!" she exclaims.

el blushes, "thank you. the dress is really pretty." el agrees.

//

[ her dress ]

[ her dress ]

//

"you need to wear it more often." will says with a small hum.

"maybe." she shrugs as a knock appears on the door.

she walks over to it and opens it, "well don't you look nice." she teases.

mike rolls his eyes, "i can't wait for this night to be over." he grumbles.

"aww, don't be so sad." she pouts sarcastically.

"take care of my sister, don't let her die or those barbies to insult her." will says.

"and be back by 11." joyce adds.

"will do, let's go." mike says, motioning for el to follow him as she nods, giving both will and joyce a small wave before shutting the door.

"we need to act like a real couple when we get there." he says.

"no extreme stuff but either than that it's fine." she says quietly, getting into his car.

"don't worry, i won't cross any lines." he reassures her.

"yeah right." she scoffs quietly.

"look, i promise." he sighs.

she turns to him, "then hold your pinky out because it won't count unless it's a pinky promise." she holds her own pinky out.

"god, you're such a child." he rolls his eyes with a scoff and hooks her pinky with his.

"thank you." she smiles.