Role Swap 2.0

Everything is in Katherine's perspective!

SOURCE OF ENTERTAINMENT

Once the deal was made, I was free to roam the ship. More or less, anyway. The crew's glares followed me wherever I went, having been told what I did to their darling captain. One of them had a particularly venomous stare, probably related to the fact that I was wearing his clothes. Oh well. Didn't need friends on this boat anyway. The sooner I could complete the bargain and start a life—a human life—somewhere far away, the better.

It was torturous being stuck on the damned floating hunk of wood. The sea sprayed onto the deck often like it was still reaching for me, waiting to pull me back under. And what good were my legs if I couldn't walk on land? Oh, to be able to run again. I might've dove right back in just to stop the frustration of it all, but one thing made it...bearable.

Him. Such a joy to play with, seeing all those expressions he made at my flirting. Of course, he wasn't hard on the eyes, either. I may not have been able to feel anything, but I could still admire his beauty. Sun-kissed skin beneath his low-dipping shirt, long, slender legs, that tousled brown hair. And don't even get me started on those lips. Then there was the guessing of his thoughts. It was laughable how easily I could read him during my teasing, but I failed to understand why he cared so much about my wellbeing. It was cute how determined he was to help me.

Was it because of our past? Could he sense that unfinished connection between us? He couldn't possibly remember. But how, after so many years, did I manage to find him again? My single chance at a second try. My only chance.

It was almost a shame what would happen to him.

After exploring every uninteresting part of my latest prison, I decided there was no choice but track down my main source of entertainment.

He was mopping the deck of all things. I would have laughed if I wasn't so distracted by his bare back, muscles moving as he worked. Pretty. I stepped forward until I was only an arm's reach from him.

At the sound of me clearing my throat, he jolted and spun around, eyes wide. I sent him my deadliest smile. "Happy to see me?"

His Adam's apple bobbed as his gaze flitted over me. "Sure."

I raised a brow, gesturing to the mop in his hand. "So you're telling me you use water to wash down a floor that's going to get wet again two minutes later?"

He bit his lip and took a deep breath. Returning to his chore, he only answered me with a mumble. "Soap too."

I grinned. Walking in front of him, he paused his movement before the mop could touch my bare feet.

"Watch the goods, pirate. These are brand new."

He looked from my feet to my face, a beautiful scowl on his features. "Why aren't you wearing shoes?"

I pursed my lips and shrugged. "Why are you wearing shoes?"

Jimin's mouth opened but no sound came out. I bit back a laugh, trying not to give away just how much I enjoyed seeing him flustered. The minute he knew would be the minute he stopped reacting. Then I'd really be stuck without distraction.

"Do you need something?" he asked in that lovely voice, straightening up.

His chest expanded as he took a deep breath, and I let my gaze fall over the tanned skin of his torso. Reeling my attention back to his eyes, I swept my hair over to one shoulder.

"It's not a need, exactly..." trailing off, I let his mind wander before finishing. "Just came to ask if you're as interested in picking up where we left off as I am?"