43. Now You Do Know

⊰ FORTY THREE ⊱

⊰ FORTY THREE ⊱

NOW YOU DO KNOW

"I love you, Katherine," Jimin's voice was gentle and sweet, his words like precious diamonds worthy of being treasured.

And I did treasure them. So much so that after I leaned forward and pressed my lips to his, I immediately pulled away, looking at him breathlessly.

"Tell me again," I softly asked of him. He was blushing, but his elated smile confirmed how happy my actions made him.

"I love you," he said firmly, his eyes harboring a world of passion that had stayed hidden until now. His fingers laced through the hair at the nape of my neck, his thumbs on my jaw as he pulled me forward so that our noses brushed and our breaths mingled.

He paused, "We probably shouldn't-"

I cut him off, this time bringing our lips together more eagerly. Jimin immediately responded, his mouth hot against mine as he molded into me. His lips were full and soft, and they captured mine perfectly. My hands went to his hips and I pulled him closer, melding our bodies into a single form. Jimin hummed appreciatively into the kiss, then he was leaning forward as he grew more fervent, and I arched back as he enveloped me. His hands traveled down to run over my spine, his fingers lighting a trail of golden sparks in their wake.

"I love how strong you are," Jimin spoke against my lips, his voice low and husky.

He kissed me again, slowly, then mumbled, "I love how brave you are."

He caught my bottom lip between his teeth, dragging gently before letting go, "I love how kind you are."

I sighed, eyes closed as I let myself melt into him while he continued to serenade me with his confessions.

"I love how thoughtful you are," he said, mouth brushing along mine with every word, sending out a ripple of electric tingles over me.

Then he pulled away, bringing his hand up to lift my chin, waiting for my gaze to meet his. When it did, he smiled, taking time to look over my every feature. His eyes glistened with emotion, on the brink of crying.

"I love all that you are," Jimin whispered, and my chest ached as I watched a droplet fall down his cheek, leaving a wet stain from his eye to the corner of his mouth. A symbol of his humanity redeemed.

"Jimin, don't cry," I soothed, smiling at him as I held his face.

He shook his head slightly, watching me in adoration. "It just feels good to finally say it. To let myself give in to these emotions completely. I was numb for so long, but what I feel for you is stronger than anything I've ever known. You make me feel like I'm finally free," Jimin's voice wavered as more tears gathered.

Tenderly, I wiped his cheeks with my thumbs. I admired every aspect of him, loving how his once flawless skin now had a few lines and blemishes on it. I loved the way his eyes were softer and more expressive, and the way his taupe-brown hair made him look more approachable and down to earth. Jimin as a siren was ethereal and alluring, but Jimin as a human was raw and real and beautifully imperfect.