21. Torn

⊰ T W E N T Y  O N E ⊱

TORN

"What are you doing?" Yoongi's voice came from behind me and I froze, still leaning over the railing. Ungracefully, I turned around to show him an embarrassed smile.

"Oh, you know... just watching for dolphins."

He crossed his arms and raised a brow at me. I blinked at him innocently, earning a chuckle from him.

"Why do you seem so nervous?" he stepped forward, frowning as I leaned farther back against the railing.

"I'm not."

Yoongi took another step abruptly, causing me to lean even more. My balance waned and I flailed, reaching to grab onto his shirt before I could fall backwards. Without hesitating, he grabbed my hips and pulled me closer to him, his eyes twinkling. He got exactly what he wanted.

"I didn't realize I made you this flustered." His grin brought blood rushing to my cheeks.

"You don't, you just almost made me fall," I argued, still gripping the soft cloth of his shirt.

"Hmm, are you sure about that? I'm pretty sure I have some kind of affect on you." Yoongi's hands slid down to my butt, then I yelped as he lifted me up and planted me on the railing. My legs automatically wrapped around his waist in an attempt to gain more stability, knowing that I was only one slip away from the cold waters below.

"Yoongi!" I gasped, pulling myself even closer to his chest. His eyes glinted in mischief, and I knew he had a single goal in his mind.

Before I could recover, he was pressing me closer to by the small of my back. He brough his head forward, cheek sliding against my own, then my skin tingled as I felt his nose brush along my jaw and down my neck. He stopped at my collarbone, pressing his soft lips against it. I recognized the familiar fog that clouded my senses. It needed to be fought before it took hold of me.

"Yoongi," I gently pressed against his chest, pushing him back enough that I could look at him. "We can't do this. I don't want anyone to see us."

More like you don't want Jimin to see you.

"Let them see," he replied, leaning in again.

I pushed against him with more force, this time breaking our contact and causing him to step back. I hopped down from the railing.

"I'm serious. I can't be seen like this with you. Not after—" I stopped short, realizing my mistake too late. Idiot.

"Not after what?" His tone was cold, his jaw clenching. I wanted to avoid answering him, but the steely look on his face changed my mind.

I sighed. "Jimin told me to stay away from you. He said someone would get hurt if we were together," the words spilled out, and I expected to feel a weight lifting off my shoulders as they did. Instead, there was only a feeling of dread that formed in the pit of my stomach. I shouldn't have told him.