29. All for One

*Warning: this chapter does contain a little violence, so please proceed carefully if you're sensitive*

⊰ T W E N T Y N I N E ⊱

ALL FOR ONE

"Is that it?" Jin asked as the eight of us lined up to stare out at the distant ship.

Anchored a little ways off the shore of an island, the large vessel looked abandoned and ominous. Dark, torn sails drifted in the wind like thick cobwebs, casting shadows on the soot-colored wood of the monstrous boat. Deep, swirling carvings adorned every inch of the ebony like tribal markings or tattoos. A backdrop of stormy clouds only added to the eeriness of the scene in front of us.

It felt as if I was staring into the eyes of the Leviathan rather than a pirate ship.

It had taken us another two days to find the spot, but we couldn't have timed it better. As far as we could tell, the pirates had left the ship to go on the island, most likely hunting for treasure or pillaging a village that was hidden somewhere beyond the trees that lined the shore.

"That's it," Namjoon confirmed in a grave tone.

His tense demeanor made me nervous. How dangerous were these pirates, and just what kind of history did he have with them?

"Joon, what's the plan?" Yoongi asked as he turned to face him.

Namjoon didn't respond, instead looking over at Jimin. "Now that we're closer, can you tell if what I want is in the ship or not?" he asked.

Jimin frowned in concentration. "It's clearer now. Something you want is definitely on the ship, but I'm also sensing something on the island."

"Okay," Namjoon nodded, appearing relieved. "That's a good thing. That means they're definitely on the island right now."

"How do you know?" Hoseok asked doubtfully.

"The item I'm looking for is on the ship. The second thing I want is from the captain and the crew, which means they must all be on the island," Namjoon explained.

"I could have told you that," Jungkook piped up, all heads turning to look at him. He threw his finger out to point into the distance where a small boat with oars sat on the beach.

"Oh."

"How did we miss that?"

"Huh."

After figuring that the coast was clear, we made our way beside the large ship and anchored when only a short distance remained between both vessels. Jungkook went to grab the makeshift wooden plank we'd crafted to hook onto the railing of other ships, creating a bridge for us to cross over.

"Alright, I say we split up. Half of us should go on the ship while the other half stays here in case we need to get away quickly," Namjoon proposed. "The best fighters should come with me, just in case there are still some crew members on board," he added, eyeing me, Hoseok, and Jimin.