Chapter 9

Xue Yang quickly went in the bath to freshen up whereas Xiao Xingchen changed the bed covers which had turned all sticky and wet(thanks to the rejuvenating herbs in the bathtub).

Wen Qing's footsteps were nearing the door.

"Xiao Xingchen, sit on the bed," Xue Yang commanded and Xiao Xingchen was about to sit but as soon as he turned around he stumbled.

In order to save Xiao Xingchen from falling Xue Yang tried holding his hands mid-air but both of them stumbled and fell straight on the bed; Xue Yang on top of Xingchen.

The door opened.

"Are you here Xue Yang? I bought..." Wen Qing stopped mid-way and her gaze met with them who were looking straight at her.

"Hey!! Hey!!" Wen Qing fumed and pushed Xue Yang away from Xiao Xingchen.

"I can accept anything but I won't let you assault any cultivator," she fumed and stood in between them.

"But.. I was not!!" Xue Yang was about to explain but Wen Qing interrupted, "Dinner is kept on the table, go and take it to your room."

Xue Yang was used to Wen Qing's scolding. She knew how to tame this demon as he had started treating her as an elder sister. He used to throw tantrums and then get scolded by her but there came some moments when even her care could not control the demon which was getting hold of Xue Yang.

Xue Yang picked the food and went back to his room whereas Xiao Xingchen turned red and was too shy to face Wen Qing.

Wen Qing, "Don't worry!! Xue Yang is not that bad, it's just sometimes he just becomes a person who cannot be controlled so make sure you hit him in the plank and knock the wind out of him whenever he tries to assault you,"

Xiao Xingchen bowed his head and accompanied her to the dining hall.

On one side Wei Ying and others waited for the full moon night to come whereas on the other side Xue Yang was waiting for Wen Qing to go because since that day she had been guarding Xiao Xingchen and kept Xiao Xingchen busy with her in household chores.

Xiao Xingchen used to sleep in an inner room which was built inside Wen Qing's main room; giving enough privacy to both of them them but making it difficult for Xue Yang to sleep next to Xiao Xingchen.

Xue Yang looked at Xiao Xingchen with hungry eyes every time their gaze met whereas goosebumps used to spread all over Xiao Xingchen's body at the same time which made it difficult for him to look straight into his eyes.

"It could have been better If I was still blind," Xiao Xingchen thought every time their eyes met.

One Such Night,

The demonic powers started controlling Xue Yang by showing him the worst of everything he had ever faced. The Nightmares started controlling his mind and he woke up with demonic eyes.

He bashed into Xiao Xingchen's inner room not caring if Wen Qing was there or not and stood in front of Xiao Xingchen and smiled, revealing fangs among the neat row of white teeth.

"Xue Yang!!" Xiao Xingchen gasped when he looked at Xue Yang who looked a completely different person.

A few moments later,

Wen Qing walked into her room and knocked on Xiao Xingchen's door.

"Xiao Xingchen, are you fine?" Wen Qing queried as she stood by the door of the inner room.

Xiao Xingchen looked at Xue Yang's demonic eyes and with a fear that the demon who was sucking the blood out of his body would hurt Wen Qing, he gulped the pain and assured her that everything was ok.