Chapter 16

"Are you not coming, Wei Ying?" Lan Zhan queried.

"No, I am not coming. I will be with Xiao Xingchen here to welcome the groom's family." Wei Ying beamed.

"you sure?" Lan Zhan queried to which Wei Ying nodded.

"Xingchen we can arrange wedding in Gusu Lan. We still have time and also I don't believe that Song Lan he might create a problem." Xue Yang said.

"No It is fine here and also we have promised Song Lan so let's not break that promise." Xingchen suggested.

"I am with you Xingchen." Wei Ying supported Xingchen as he stood beside him.

"Ok!! as you both wish" Lan Zhan and Xue Yang said and left.

Xue Yang and Lan Zhan went to the Gusu Lan(Groom's place) whereas Wei Ying and Xiao Xingchen stayed in the bright moon clan where the wedding was planned to take place.

Lan Zhan was from the groom's side and Wei Ying decided to be at Xingchen's side.

The entire Gusu Lan and Bright Moon Lan were being decorated lavishly.

Lanterns hung from all around and servants rushed from here to there getting ready for the grand event.

"What do you think?" Xingchen queried as he stood in front of a mirror wearing a red Hanfu.

"It does not look good." Wei Ying shook his head in denial and then picked another dress.

"This is the 10th Hanfu I am trying." Xingchen chided, "I am too tired now."

"No!! just try one last time." Wei Ying said and made a bunny face which made Xingchen laugh.

"Ok Fine. Go outside." Xingchen said.

"But why? did I do anything wrong?" Wei Ying fretted.

"Just go," Xingchen said and Wei Ying stood outside waiting for Xingchen to come out or call him inside.

After some time Xingchen walked in with a red Hanfu and stood near the door; Wei Ying back facing the door.

"Wei Ying, How is this?" he queried and Wei Ying turned around.

He froze and tears welled up in his eyes as the Hanfu which Xingchen was wearing was of his elder sister; Jiang Yanli which she wore when she came to meet Wei Ying when he was with Wen Ning selling radish.

"I think this is too girlish. I should change." Xingchen suggested and Wei Ying quickly grabbed his hands; too shocked to speak.

His eyes welled up with tears and  queried, "Howcome you had this dress?"

"Jiang Cheng gave it to me with other Hanfu's which he sent to me. He said in case Wei Ying is not able to choose any Hanfu just wear this one and he will definitely like it." Xingchen explained and Wei Ying smiled through his tears.

"Now stop crying." Jiang Cheng huffed as he smacked on Wei Ying's head.

"Jiang!!" he gasped and hugged him tightly.

"Ok ok it's enough," he said with a stern face pushing Wei Ying away.

"Everything is ready." the head servant bowed his head and informed them.

"Where is Song Lan? I have not seen him since morning." Wei Ying queried.

"He is on the way." the servant replied and left.

"Xingchen!!!" Wen Qing beamed and everybody's gaze shifted to Wen Ning and Wen Qing walking towards them with a gift in their hand.

They bowed their heads and congratulated Xingchen. The guest had started coming and soon the palace was full of guests.