Chapter 10

The Next Morning in the dining hall,

"Xiao Xingchen, what happened you look so tired and sleepy," Wen Qing queried looking at Xiao Xingchen who looked tired.

"No I am fine Wen Qing, It's just that a mosquito came into my room and so I couldn't get a DECENT SLEEP," Xiao Xingchen said; his angry gaze fixed on Xue Yang.

Xue Yang choked on his food and coughed.

"Drink some water!!" Wen Qing fretted and handed him the glass of water.

In the garden,

"Ouch!!" Xiao Xingchen yelped holding his back in pain.

Wen Qing, "What happened?"

Xiao Xingchen, "It's a minor back pain, it may be because I slept in the WRONG position last night."

Xue Yang choked on his drink and coughed remembering the position he had forced Xiao Xingchen to try when they were in the heat last night.

"I think you didn't sleep well last night." Wen Qing distressed, "let me give you some herb just apply it before you sleep. It will help relieve your back pain."

Xiao Xingchen nodded and smiled.

Since that day Xue Yang grabbed chances to randomly pull Xiao Xingchen to the darkest corner of the hall or the room and kiss his lips or back hug him making sure that Wen Qing never catches them red-handed.

"Make sure to give me a signal when Wen Qing comes." Xue Yang whispered to the puppet and walked into the kitchen where Xiao Xingchen was preparing lunch.

"Don't you have any work to do?" Xiao Xingchen chided as Xue Yang back hugged him while he was cutting vegetables.

"No!! I am not in a mood to kill," he smirked and shifted his hands from his slim waist to the hands which were busy cutting vegetables.

"I can do it on my own!!" Xiao Xingchen grumbled.

"No, you can't," Xue Yang smirked and started slicing the vegetable by holding Xiao Xingchen's hand as if teaching him how to do that.

Xiao Xingchen slightly gazed at Xue Yang's face while he was busy instructing him how to slice the vegetable properly.

"Are you listening?" Xue Yang teased and kissed him.

Xiao Xingchen turned red and quickly turned around; gaze fixed on his hands.

"Xiao Xingchen!!" Wen Qing was on her way to the kitchen.

"Oh my god!! she is coming." Xue Yang trembled and the edge of the knife made a cut on his fingers.

"Xue Yang!!" Xiao Xingchen gasped as the blood had started dripping out that badly cut finger and a worried look crossed his face.

"Ouch!!" Xue Yang yelped and sucked the blood from his finger as he was already used to these cuts and hid behind the door. 

"Xingchen can you come to the room?" Wen Qing queried standing on the door.

"Ok," Xingchen said and left.

"That was close!!" Xue Yang sighed.

It was past nightfall and everybody was dead asleep except Xue Yang who could not sleep because of the constant nightmares. 

He had already emptied many liquot jars but still when he tried to sleep the nightmare woke him up so he stood at the window and looked at the shiny moon whose rays fell on the ground making the view mesmerizing.

There was a pin drop silence and only the voice of the grasshoppers was audible. He walked out of the villa making sure he made no noise.

Suddenly he turned around to see if the lights of Xiao Xingchen's room were still on and to his luck, Xiao Xingchen was wide awake and admiring the moon.