Chapter 2

The whole forest was covered in snow. A young man with a lean build who wore white cultivation robes and carried a sword wrapped in white cloth on his back was walking over the snow as if he was stepping on clouds.

After walking for an hour he finally stopped in front of a huge mansion and stood near the door, giving a second thought as to whether he should ask the owner for help or not.

After gathering up courage Xiao Xingchen knocked on the door. After waiting for some time a young man with bright eyes, a high nose bridge and thin lips that have a soft red hue and his canine teeth were visible as he smiled, paused in front of the open door, sniffing the air.

"Ah!! Daozhang." Xue Yang thought and smirked.

Xiao Xingchen bowed his head and said, " I apologize for knocking on your door at this hour but I am really in trouble right now. I am stuck in the middle of the forest. Can you please allow me to stay at your house tonight ?"

Xue Yang smirked, "What if I kill you and bury you under this snow? How can you just ask to enter a strangers house? You really have no fear."

Xiao Xingchen replied, "if you don't let me in I will always be dead by morning!!"

Xue Yang leaned forward and snickered, "What would I get?"

Xiao Xingchen stepped back and quickly pulled out a bag of rare stones, "Just take as much as you want."

"Rich!!" Xue Yang smiled and allowed him to come in.

"We have a guest here. Please arrange food and room for him!!" Xue Yang shouted from the hall.

A puppet whose tongue was sliced walked in and helped the blind man.

"Oh! Thank you so much," he bowed but got no reply from the servant.

"He cannot speak," Xue Yang said and laughed in an almost inaudible voice looking at the way Xiao Xingchen acted dumb.

"The cultivator!!" Xue Yang huffed.

The puppet served the dinner.

"This person must be a non-vegetarian," Xiao Xingchen thought as he could smell meat kept on the dining table.

Xue Yang who sat across the table smiled, "It looks like you don't like eating flesh."

"Yes..I apologize for not being able to accept this food," Xiao Xingchen apologized.

"No worries we have some vegetarian food as well," Xue Yang said and the puppet brought along the vegetable stew.

"Thank you for the food, I really appreciate your help," Xiao Xingchen said as he bowed his head and ate the dinner.

"It's our duty to serve every cultivator," Xue Yang stood up and bowed his head hiding the evil smirk he hid behind the smile.

"You seem to like candies a lot," Xiao Xingchen said as he could smell candies which were kept at every corner of the house.

"Your smell power is really remarkable," Xue Yang said, "what kind of scent do you get from me?"

Xiao Xingchen thought for a minute and replied, "You smell of blood."

"Ya that's because I just had my dinner," Xue Yang laughed and showed him his room.

"Should I kill him and hang his dead body right outside the bright moon clan or should I just behead him or should I just make him my puppet?" Xue Yang vacillated and suddenly stood up, "I have a better idea!!" he smirked and bashed into the room where Xiao Xingchen was sleeping.

The demonic powers made it impossible for Xiao Xingchen to sense that somebody had just entered his room.

Xiao Xingchen opened his eyes at the pain he felt when Xue Yang's fangs started piercing his neck. There was a pinch and numbness as Xue Yang's fangs sank into his neck. As soon as Xiao Xingchen's blood touched Xue Yang's tongue, he felt warm and kept sucking the blood from his neck.

Xiao Xingchen gasped as his fangs pierced his throat.; mouth tightly covered by strong hands.

Tears started coursing down Xiao Xingchen's cheeks; he regretted entering this house and wanted to now die under the snow rather than under the monster who was sucking the life out of him.

Soon, Xiao Xingchen started feeling dizzy whereas Xue Yang felt weak; he felt as if his demonic powers were draining and at once he quickly withdrew his fangs.

"His blood was sweet when I started sucking it but why did it turn bitter. I am too weak right now. I need some rest." he said and went back to his room locking the door behind him giving no chance to Xiao Xingchen to run away.

to be continued...