Chapter 16

"Xingchen is dead," one of the guards entered the den and said.

"Are you sure?" Song Lan smirked, "what about his f*cking child?"

"The baby is alive." the guard replied.

"Damn!!" Song Lan huffed and then laughed, "atleast Xue Yang is weak now we can attack him now."

On the other side,

Xingchen was in a coma for one month with the hope he might wake up Xue Yang kept waiting for him but one night when Xingchen's spiritual power was all gone and his body started turning cold only then Lan Qiren realized that Xingchen was dead.

Xue Yang fell on his knees and his facial expressions turned pale when Lan Qiren told him that Xingchen is dead but the baby is still alive inside Xingchen because of his strong spiritual power.

"This can't be true." Xue Yang trembled at his words and bashed inside the room where Xingchen was lying like a corpse.

"Xingchen, Wake up." Xue Yang said as he cupped his face, "I really need you."

"Please Xingchen." Xue Yang pleaded and unable to get any response from the other side. He started wailing and throwing everything around him breaking the wooden boxes, tables and screaming at the top of his lungs.

Wei Ying recovered quickly and so he and Lan Zhan went to find Song Lan. They were unaware of Xingchen's death news so they could not be there to console Xue Yang.

Xue Yang created nuisance in the whole Cloud recesses which forced Lan Qiren to use his talisman to stop Xue Yang.

Xue Yang fainted and woke up the next day just to find out that he had been tied in a prison.

"Hey!! Why am I here? Leave me I need to go to Xingchen." Xue Yang shouted.

The guards outside were perplexed as they knew that Xingchen was dead and thought that Xue Yang must have become mentally unstable because of this incident.

After hours of shouting and unable to bear these noises the guard told Lan Qiren that Xue Yang was awake and was calling for Xingchen.

Lan Qiren, "Lan Xichen, you go and handle him. I can't really handle that demon."

Lan Xichen bowed and went to the prison and in no time he stood in front of Xue Yang who was turning pale and weak by every passing day as he refused to eat until he see Xingchen.

"Xue Yang," he said.

"Xingchen, I really need to talk to Xingchen." Xue Yang pleaded.

"Xue Yang, Xingchen is dead." Lan Xichen replied in a comforting voice.

"You are lying!!" Xue Yang shouted at him and tried to free himself from the tied chains.

He used all his force to kick Lan Xichen on his stomach which stumbled him and he fell hard on the floor.

Lan Xichen knew the pain Xue Yang was feeling right now but he was mature enough to handle this kind of situation.

"Xue Yang, Xingchen is dead but your and Xingchen's child is still alive." Lan Xichen said which somehow changed Xue Yang's demonic expression.

"My..child...is..alive?" he stuttered.

Lan Xichen nodded and a tear trickled down Xue Yang's cheeks.

"I...Xingchen..." Xue Yang stopped and started sobbing silently; tears continuously trickling down.

"You need to cry Xue Yang so that it weighs less." Lan Xichen thought and left.

"Xingchen..why," Xue Yang fell on his knees and kept crying for hours.

On the other side,

"What?" Wei Ying gasped, "Xingchen is dead?"

"Where is Xue Yang?" Lan Zhan queried and then both of them headed to Xue Yang who was sobbing silently.

Wei Ying gave a pitying look and hugged him, "Xue Yang, I know this is hard but you have to keep living for your baby."

Lan Zhan kept an assuring hand on Xue Yang's shoulder, "I know how it feels but you have to still keep living. This is how life is."

Finally, after months Xue Yang calmed but used to cry the minute he saw Xingchen; his stomach getting bigger with every passing month.

One such day when Lan brothers were out for the night hunt,

Suddenly many clan leaders stood in front of Gusu Lan's door and shouting and all the disciples rushed to the source of the sound. 

"What happened?" Wei Ying queried looking at the angry mob.

"We heard Xingchen's baby is a demon. Kill that baby right now." one of them shouted and raised his sword and others repeated the same.

"Xingchen is 9-month's pregnant now. We cannot abort that child now." he explained to which the mob leader said, "Just kill with a sword right in that womb."

"Are you serious? How can you say so harsh words for a baby?" Wei Ying chided.

"Kill that baby!!" everybody yelled and started pushing the Gusu Lan disciples and a fight sparked between them.

"Stop the fight!!" Lan Qiren shouted and everybody froze and bowed their head.

"What's the matter?" Lan Qiren queried and then was shocked to learn that the baby will be a demon.

"Just keep calm. I will think over it now you may go." Lan Qiren commanded and as he was the elder so everybody listened to what the old man was saying.

In the discussion hall,

"Do you really think that child is a demon." Lan Qiren said diving into his deep thoughts.

"I think it must be a rumor spread by Song Lan." Wei Ying said.

"Let me perform a spell on that baby to prove to everybody that the child is not a demon." Lan Qiren commanded and in no time they stood next to Xingchen.

"Xue Yang, wake up." Wei Ying said and Xue Yang quickly woke up, "Is Xingchen ok?"

He snapped shut when he realized Xingchen was dead.

"We need to perform some spell on him." Lan Qiren said with a stern face.

"Why?" Xue Yang said and knowing he won't allow them to identify whether the baby is a demon or not Wei Ying said, "Let's see if we can wake Xingchen."

Xue Yang smiled; in past months his lips were wiped off a smile and when Wei Ying lied to him there was a smile on his face and Wei Ying quickly regretted the lie he told him.

Little did Wei Ying know that Lan Qiren was performing this spell to kill the baby inside Xingchen as he had already sensed the demonic aura around Xingchen's body and knowing nobody will allow killing the child he waited for the right moment(Lan brothers were out for night hunt) and lied to him.

The spell started and Xingchen's water broke and blood starting rushing out of Xingchen's lower body part from where the baby was planned to come out.

"This is not that spell." Wei Ying realized and was about to stop them but the disciples of Gusu Lan tied him down with their spiritual ropes so Wei Ying could not yell or do anything whereas Xue Yang was waiting outside for Xingchen to call him.

Wei Ying kept begging Lan Qiren to stop but the blood was oozing out from Xingchen continuously.

Wei Ying knew it was the baby's blood that was oozing out. He closed his eyes in regret and tried every meditation skill to call Xue Yang but the room was enclosed and locked by spiritual power so Xue Yang could not hear anything. He was too foolish to believe whatever he was told.

to be continued...