Chapter One

My eyes lit up as wisps of my magic came from my fingertips. I could see Wanda Maximoff from her room and her brother Pietro from his. I could hear Baron Strucker's mean and vile thoughts from in the hallway, bragging about Wanda and Pietro. But not even mentioning me. They never did. No one did. I was their secret weapon and I understood why, but I hated being kept in the dark. I hated feeling like a dirty little secret. I have put just as much work into my abilities as Wanda and Pietro but they get all the credit. They get to go out and do missions and all that I get is to be experimented on.

"Winter" I could hear Wanda say in her thoughts, bringing me out of my daydream. I hated being called Winter and she knew that and continued to do it. Because both of us could read minds, we often communicated through our minds. "Come on, I know you can hear me" she added and I could hear her trying not to chuckle in her room. I rolled my eyes at her just as a sister would.

"What, Wanda?" I said in my mind, looking up at the ceiling. I wanted to ignore her so bad but I just couldn't.

"Babes, you gotta stay with us? I know you hate feeling like a secret but we will get our revenge on the Avengers and then you can get your revenge on Strucker for killing your mom" she said and I nodded. Getting revenge on Strucker was, currently, my only goal in life. I would never ever forgive him for what he did to my mom and dad. Well, step-dad.

Before I could respond to Wanda, I could hear footsteps right outside of our doors. It was Strucker's. I could tell based on how the footsteps sounded.

"Time to train, you two. Barnes, come with me" Strucker said, grabbing me by the arm, quite tightly. I could sense from both Maximoffs that they wanted to do something but I shook my head at Wanda, letting her know that it wasn't necessary. Still, I was quite worried about what he had in mind for me at the moment. I was scared of Strucker every single day of my life but right now, I was really scared.

"What do you need, Strucker?"I muttered, gritting my teeth. This man and this man alone was responsible for the death of my mother but he only seemed to care about taking me for himself.

"You remember too much about your life before you became Winter," he said before I felt a pain in my neck. I felt my knees go weak before everything went black.

When I awoke, I was in a chair. One of Stucker's men shoved a mouth guard into my mouth. I tried to struggle but ultimately failed. I looked over and saw this machine and I knew exactly what this was. It was to wipe my mind. I tried to get in contact with Wanda before this machine was turned on but it was of no use. Whatever he had stabbed me with beforehand was restricting my powers.

"Ahhh!" I screamed as it turned on. I tried to think of Wanda and Pietro but I couldn't. The pain was too much. Tears flowed my cheeks and eventually, I passed out from the pain.

"Winter" a voice brought me out of the dark. In front of me stood a brunette and a silver-haired boy, both of whom seemed like they knew me. I could read both of their minds and they seemed concerned for me. But I did not know who they were. All that mattered to me was the mission.

"Дочь. Зима. Сестра. Палочка. Быстрый. сирота . Скорость. Смерть. Осень. возвращение на родину"  someone who I couldn't see said and with each word, I became more compliant.

"готов подчиниться, зима" they asked.

"да" I got up from the hospital bed and proceeded to follow this person out of the room. I could hear the other two people following us but I paid them no mind. Nothing except the mission mattered.

Over the course of a few months, my powers had become stronger than ever before. I did nothing but train and sleep. I barely even ate. The only thing that I did other than fight and sleep was to be under the control of Strucker and his minions. It was the only thing that I knew how to do at this point.

"Report to your stations immediately. This is not a drill. We are under attack. We are under attack" an announcer said. I flexed my shoulders and immediately knew who it was. I looked over at my comrades, two people that went by the names of Pietro and Wanda Maximoff. They both knew me but I didn't know them. Or at least I think I didn't.

"It's the Avengers. It's time to fight, Maximoff's and Barnes" one of Strucker's men said. I flexed my shoulders, thinking about how I needed to go after these so-called "superheroes". "Maximoffs, go into the field. Barnes, stay here with us. Keep the building secure."

"Got it, sir," I said, heading towards the front of the building. I could hear IronMan land upstairs, talking to his AI. I flew upstairs and let out a scream, blowing IronMan back. Getting Iron Man away from the facility was my only goal right now and I was determined to see it through.

"Guys, we have an enhanced in here as well," the man said. In response, he shot a jet in my direction but I wasn't able to get out of the way fast enough. It caught my shoulder and I fell, hitting my head in the process. I felt someone pick me up before everything around me disappeared. Oh no. I failed.

1st line: Daughter. Winter. Sister. Wand. Fast. Orphan. Speed. Death. Fall. Homecoming.

2nd line: Ready to comply, Winter.

3rd line: yes