Chapter Fifteen

"What do you see," Dad asked over the coms. Both Wanda and I were seated at a table. Wanda swirled a spoon in her cup of coffee while I just took mine black. Wanda was in olive green everything, as a way for her to blend in. Cap, shirt and pants. I, on the other hand, was in a pink crop top and leggings outfit with a coat over it.

"Standard beat cops

"Standard beat cops. Small station. Quiet street. It's a good target" Wanda said, sipping her coffee.
"There's an ATM in the south corner, which means . . ." Dad trailed off, wanting me to finish his sentence.
"Cameras" I said, sipping my coffee as well. I winced at the bitterness of the coffee but I swallowed it down.
"Both cross streets are one way, " Dad said from the coms.
"So, compromised escape routes" I said, smiling at my sister.
"Means our guy doesn't care about being seen, he isn't afraid to make a mess on the way out. You see that Range Rover halfway up the block?" Dad said and I looked at Wanda.
"Yeah, the red one? It's cute" she said and I nodded.
"It's also bulletproof, which means private security, which means more guns, which means more headaches for somebody. Probably us" Natasha said and I scoffed at Auntie Nat's words.
"You guys know we can move things with my mind, right?" I said, making sure that I included Wanda in my statement
"Looking over your shoulder needs to become second nature" she said and I nodded, a little embarrassed. Wanda nodded and patted me on the shoulder.
"Anybody ever told you you're a little paranoid?" I giggled at Sam's words to Natasha and I could hear him chuckle in response. Over the past few months, Sam had become like an uncle to me. It was impossible as Dad and him had become like best friends. God, that still feels weird to say. Dad.
"Not to my face. Why? Did you hear something?" Natasha said sarcastically and I smirked,
"Eyes on target, folks. This is the best lead we've had on Rumlow in six months. I don't want to lose him" Dad said, bringing us back to the mission.
"If he sees us coming that won't be a problem. He kind of hates us" Sam said and I nodded, getting ready to start the mission.
"Sam, see that garbage truck? Tag it" Dad said and Sam complied, using Redwing to do so.
"Give me X-ray" Sam said. "That truck's loaded for max weight. And the driver's armed" Sam added once he got the information.
"It's a battering ram" she said and I put the information together at the same time Dad did.
"Go now" Dad said and I got up from my seat, running in the direction of the truck.
"What?" Wanda said and I gave her a look.
"He's not hitting the police" Dad said and then I decided to fly. Steve and Sam were closer and they beat us, meaning Wanda, Nat, and I. Lydia and Lillian weren't on this mission. They were currently sitting at home, nursing injuries. I created a force field around Wanda and myself as people shot at us. I used my powers to throw a couple of the men into their trucks.
"Sam" Wanda said, throwing a man at him and he throws him to the ground.
"Four" he said, walking past me.
"Ava, just like we practiced" Dad said to me and I nodded.
"What about the gas?" I asked and he looked at me one last time.
"Get it out" he said, beginning to run. I lifted him to the third floor, using my powers, and relaxed a bit once he made it through the window. While Steve was in the building, Wanda and I were fighting the soldiers that were after us and on Rumlow's side. Wanda and I both used our powers to move the gas up into the sky, away from people. I could see Auntie Nat from the corner of my eye fighting Rumlow. Then he threw her into a Humvee. I was halfway worried but I knew that Auntie Nat would be okay. I saw Rumlow throw a grenade in after her and then, just seconds later, Nat was blown out of there. I ran to her side and helped her to her feet.
"You okay, Auntie Nat?" I asked and she nodded. Then, I saw Rumlow begin to shoot at my father and I took a deep breath. I hopped onto the back of Nat's motorcycle and we followed the Humvee that had Rumlow. 
"I got four, they're splitting up" Sam said into the coms. Natasha and I looked at each other and smirked.
"We got the two on the left" she said, giving me a look. We ditched the motorcycle and begin running on the tops of cars.
"They ditched their gear. It's a shell game now. One of them has the payload" Dad said, referring to the biological weapon that Rumlow was hoping to acquire. Nat was jumping over people while I flew towards the running mercenaries, trying to get them before they could get away with the weapon. We got to a clearing at the same time. Nat was punching one of the men while I was trying to control the man, using my powers but it wasn't working. I then began to fight him like Nat, thanking God that Dad had let me train with Nat. Then, I got knocked to the ground. This allowed for the man to draw a gun on Auntie Nat. I looked on as Nat and one of the men held weapons at each other. The other man had the biological weapon in his hand. Redwing shot the man holding the weapon, Nat shot the other guy and caught the weapon. Nat helped me to my feet.
"Dad's in trouble. I got to go" I said, kissing her on the cheek and flying to my dad's side. I found Rumlow and dad fighting, neither one having an advantage.
"This is for dropping a building on my face" Rumlow said but then Dad was able to gain the upper hand on him. "I think I look pretty good, all things considered" he said, taking off his helmet.
"Who's your buyer?" Dad asked and Rumlow saw me. He smirked at me.
"You know, he knew you. You pal, your buddy, your Bucky" he said, winking at me. "And look. You even have his daughter" he added. Dad turned around to see me.
"What did you say?" he said, turning his eyes back on Rumlow.
"He remembered you. I was there. He got all weepy about it. Till they put his brain back in a blender. He wanted you to know something. He said to me, "Please tell Rogers. When you gotta go, you gotta go." And you're coming with me" he blew up but Wanda kept it from hurting my dad. She used her powers to throw him up towards the sky but then it blew up a floor of a building.
"Go, Wanda. I've got this" I said to her and she rushed off. People began staring at me and I knew that shit was going to go down.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Over the next few days, I had been under a lto of media scrutiny because people assumed that it was me that had done it. I was currently holded up in my room, not letting anyone come in and visit me. I blamed myself because if I had helped Wanda, maybe those people wouldn't be dead. Maybe it is all my fault. But currently, I was watching the news.
"What legal authority does an enhanced individual like Wanda Maximoff have to operate in Nigeri -" a news reporter said before the TV was turned off. I turned to see my dad standing there.
"It's my fault. If I had helped-" I began before he cut me off.
"That's not true. Listen to me, honey. I should've clocked that bomb vest long before you or Wanda had to deal with it. And it is your kind heart that let you take the fall for Wanda. I cannot fault you for that. Every day, you remind me more of Bucky. You have the same exact heart that he had" Dad said and I nodded. He wrapped his arms around me and we were interrupted by Nat coming into the room.
"You wanted to know when Tony arrived. Well, he's here and he brought a guest" she said.
" We know who it is?" Dad asked and Nat nodded, a solemn look on her face.
"The Secretary of State" Nat said and Dad nodded. Now I was worried