Chapter Fourteen

"Language" Steve said, making me giggle. But then I frowned. I finally understood why they called me "Winter In Training". I was the daughter of a Winter Soldier. I remember hearing stories about the Winter Soldier during my time at Hydra but like most people, I thought that it was just a myth and a story to keep us straight. Steve put his hand on my shoulder and I smiled up at him. I quickly hugged him and he looked down at me, a little confused. I could tell that he still wasn't sure what to think of me.

"Thank you, Steve. Thank you for allowing me to be a part of the team" I said, squeezing Steve. He smiled down at me and I pulled away from the hug. I saw two girls around my age down the hall and he nudged me towards them. I looked at Steve, my cheeks flushed.

"They have your uniform. Go to them" he said and I giggled as he ruffled my hair. I headed down to the girls.

"Hi" I said shyly. The two girls smiled at me and that is when I recognized Lillian. My cheeks blushed when she gave me a hug. There was something about Lillian that made me lose all sense of myself.

"We met a few weeks ago, right. Just in case you don't remember, the name is Lillian Maria Stark and this is Lydia Lopez. She's going to be a part of the team too. Lyds, this is Ava Barnes. She is the sister of Wanda Maximoff," she explained and I blushed, looking at the ground.

"Oh, seriously? That's cool. But how do you know Steve? He seems very standoffish towards us newbies. What is it about you" Lydia said and I looked back at Steve. My eyes hardened at this girl. Her attitude was getting on my nerves and we had only just met.

"Um, I don't know why he's like that. Um, my dad has a connection with Steve and so, Steve is quite protective over me" I said, summing up the truth. I obviously left out who my dad was as I did not want to scare off these two girls. Yeah, I had just met them but I didn't want to ruin a potential friendship because of who my dad was. Luckily, Lillian noticed my nervousness and handed me an outfit. It was black with hints of red. It also has goggles that were red and black.

"Here you go," Lillian said and we all went into a locker room. I began to strip and slipped into it. I looked down at myself. I felt like a badass. I looked at the other girls and my jaw dropped. I thought that I looked good. Lillian's dark hair was an amazing contrast to her white suit. She looked amazing. And Lydia looked amazing in hers as well.

Ava's uniform

Ava's uniform