Chapter Twenty-One

We got into the car and headed to an airport where we were trying to find the other Winter Soldiers. I mean, it was going to be a long ride. But we were headed in a weird direction. We stopped in the middle of the road.

"Dad, where are we?" I said, but he ignored me. A car pulled up in front of us. Dad got out and I went to get out. He shook his head at me and headed towards the other car. A blonde woman stepped out. I rolled down the window just so that I could hear their dialogue.

"Not sure you understand the concept of a getaway car" Sharon said and I smiled. As much as I didn't like Dad dating anyone, I could see that she made him happy. Like really happy.

"It's low profile" he said and I chuckled at my dad's nerdiness with Sharon.

"Good, because this stuff tends to draw a crowd," Sharon said and as she opened the car door, I could see both Steve's shield and Sam's wings sitting in her trunk.

"Can you move your seat up?" James said to Sam.

"No" he answered and I chuckled, making both Sam and James look at me.

"What? You guys are acting like an old married couple" I said, giggling at how these two were acting. I then looked at Steve and Sharon again.

"I owe you again" Dad said and I saw the love in his eyes that he has for her. I was happy for my dad.

"Keeping a list. You know, he kinda tried to kill me" she said, looking at me. I smiled at her and nodded at both her and Dad. I giggled and waved to her.

"Sorry. I'll put it on the list, too. They're going to come looking for you" Dad said and she nodded. She looked to me. But then back at Dad.

"I know" she said and I watched as my dad pulled her in for a kiss.

"Fuck yes" I yelled and they pulled away, Sharon giggling.

"Thank you, Sharon" Dad said and I continued to cheer for the two love birds.

"That was . . ." Sharon said and I got out of the car and ran up to them.

"Awesome. Dad, can I speak to Sharon alone, please" I asked and he nodded, walking back to the car.

"Yes, what is it, Ava? Is everything okay?" I nodded at her question.

"Everything is fine, Sharon. My dad really likes you. He really loved your aunt but I want to tell you that I think he likes you even more. I like you too. Don't hurt him, okay" I said and I gave her a hug. As much as it sucked that my dad seemed to have a girlfriend, I really liked this one, He chose the right woman, She was so supportive of my dad and his relationship with me.

"Thanks, lil Ava" she said and I grabbed the woman by the hand.

"No. I am not letting you take the fall for us. You are fighting with us. I don't care what my dad thinks" I said and drug her to the car with us. I sat beside Sam and Sharon. "Dad, don't say a word. Sharon is a lot like Nat. Neither one of them have powers" I said and my dad began to drive to the airport. I was scared for my dad and James. I was even worried for people on the other side of the fight. This was going to ruin families and friendships. Sharon squeezed my hand, knowing how nervous I was beginning to get.

"God, I'm nervous. What if everything goes wrong? This is all my fault" I muttered which is when Sharon put her hands on my face.

"Listen to me, Barnes. It is not your fault, in the least. You and your sister, you guys are just kids. It should've been up to Sam, or Steve or Natasha to deal with it" she said. She kissed me on the forehead and we both hopped out of the car. Clint stood at the van which we parked next to. Immediately, I ran to him. Apparently, he didn't see me as my hug made him stumble backwards.

"Uncle Clint" I yelled, wrapping my arms around him. I giggled when he spun me around in a circle.

"Cap" Uncle Clint said to my dad. "Little Cap" he said, making me giggle.

"You know I wouldn't have called If I had any other choice" Dad said and then nodded to someone behind Clint.

"Wand" I yelled, running into her arms. She caught me, kissed me on the top of my head.

"Hey man, you're doing me a favor. Besides, I owe a debt" he said, both Dad and Uncle Clint looking at me.

"Thanks for having my back. And my daughter's" he said and Wanda smiled at me, hugging me closer.

"It was time to get off my ass" she said and I looked at everyone.

"How about our other recruit?" Dad asked and I raised an eyebrow at him. Of course. There's another person that I don't know about.

"He's rarin' to go. Had to put a little coffee in him, but... he should be good" Clint said and he opened the van door, scaring the person inside. Did he kidnap this guy?

"What timezone is this?" the guy asked. He seemed to be about Uncle Clint's age but a lot cuter.

"Come on. Come on" Clint prodded, helping the guy out of the van.

"Captain America" the guy shook my dad's hand and looked quite starstruck if you ask me.

Mr. Lang" my dad said, nodding at the man in front of him.

"It's an honor. I'm shaking your hand too long. Wow! This is awesome! Captain America" he said and then he looked at Wanda and myself. "I know you, too. You're great!" he said. He then turned to my dad and squeezed his shoulders. I giggled at him. Man he was nerdy. "Jeez. Ah, look, I wanna say, I know you know a lot of super people, so . . . thinks for thanking of me." he said and then he saw Uncle Sam. "Hey, man!" and I watched as Uncle Sam rolled his eyes at him.

"What's up, Tic Tac?" Uncle Sam said and I giggled at how pissed off he looked.

"Uh, good to see you. Look, what happened last time when I . . ." Mr. Lang said and I looked at him, confused. When did this man and Uncle Sam meet?

"It was a great audition, but it'll . . . it'll never happen again" Uncle Sam said and yet again, I giggled. I was trying to stay as happy as I could because I knew that it wouldn't last for very long.

"They tell you what we're up against?" Dad asked, looking at Mr. Lang as well as me.

"Something about some . . . psycho-assassins?" he said and I glared at Sam who just smirked back at me.

"We're outside the law on this one. So, if you come with us, you're a wanted man" Dad said and Mr. Lang shrugged his shoulders.

"Yeah, well, what else is new?" he said and I cocked my head, a little confused.

"We should get moving," James said, leaning on the car.

"We got a chopper lined up" Uncle Clint said and I nodded.

"Dies ist eine Notsituation. Alle Passagiere müssen den Flughafen sofort evakuieren. (This is an emergency. All passengers must evacuate the airport immediately.)" someone said over the intercom and I took a deep breath. Everything was my fault.

"They're evacuating the airport" James said and I nodded, wrapping an arm around Wanda.

"Stark." Uncle Sam said and I nodded. Of course it was.