Prologue

~So far away~

Third person's POV

Third person's POV

It's been eight months, Taehyung has heard nothing from him. Even with the best hackers still no signs of him anywhere like he disappeared from the surface of the earth.

He knew deep down that he was out there against every facts or rumors that he is dead. Yet, all this months there was no sign of him...

"Taehyung!" his Personal Assistant waved at him with raised brows obviously seeking his attention for a while now.

"What do you want? Hobi" Tae asked  bringing his attention back to his Laptop setting aside a file of another fruitless search

"Your Dad called" The older said handing him some documents "he said to inform you they are coming over for dinner tonight" he continued when he didn't get any reaction from the younger

"And before you think of ditching like always, he said and I quote tell him I will burn down his mansion if he is a minute late and shoot his dog if he doesn't show up I wonder what the poor dog did to him" hobi concludes with an almost sad expression at the thought of the cute dog been shot.

The younger looked up at hearing this knowing fully well that his dad doesn't give empty threats.

"What is the time?" He asked removing his necktie regretting his choice for choosing to choke himself to death today.

Hobi chuckles knowing his boss has been cornered by the almighty Mr. Soekjin again

"It's 6:30 sir, if we leave now we can make it to the mansion by 6:55pm, I have rescheduled the meeting with the investors to a day after tomorrow" he answered while checking his wristwatch.

Taehyung nods standing up to put on his coat, neckties long tossed into the trashcan.

Hobi picked up his laptop and other files and documents that he might need to work with at home handing them to Rose his secretary as they followed Taehyung out of the office.

As Taehyung walked out of the office with his PA and Secretary, the two guards at his office door followed behind rushing towards the stairs as he enter the elevator while speaking into their earphones to notify other guards to prepare to leave the company as well.

On reaching the ground floor and stepping out of the elevator, all staffs bowed in greeting and guards standing in line leading to his car in the middle of two SUV one in front and one behind.

***

Taehyung POV

The dinner table was unusually quiet, Kim Namjoon was busy on his iPad obviously scrolling through business headlines, Jisoo kept stealing glares at  hoseok while soekjin was starring holes into Taehyung's head who pretends to be busy on his phone to avoid looking back at him.