Chapter 16

It was as if Jimin's Visit that morning blew a trumpet because just few hours after Jimin finally agreed to leave the younger and go back home to Yoongi who had been calling non-stop.

Soekjin walked into the house and met Jungkook who was walking to the kitchen to get a drink. Jin froze at the sight of the younger because he really could not believe he was really there. Because among everyone he was one of the people who believed he is really dead.

"Bun?!" He question still feeling like he was probably hallucinating. Jungkook smiled sheepishly and went to embrace his father in-law actually more of a father to him.

"B-Baby, you are Okay?, You are Alive?" Jin questioned embracing Jungkook into his arms with a breath of relief running through his veins. After all these months he was having him in his arms again, alive and healthy. The child that was left in his care after the death of his parents and he couldn't even protect him. He felt like a failure to have even assumed he really died.

He pulled him out of his embrace and cupped his cheeks, looking all over his body to see that he was complete and totally fine

"You are really here baby, You are really alive" he chanted and pulled the younger into his arms again.

"I am fine Pa" Jungkook answered getting emotional again, Jin had always treated him like his own son and he can never be greatful enough to him.

"I'm so sorry baby, I couldn't protect, I could not do anything and even concluded you really died, I am so sorry baby" Jin cried into the younger's arms causing Jungkook to start crying too.

Taehyung who was coming to check what was taking Jungkook so long saw his Dad and husband crying into each other's arm and walked back into their room. He laid on the bed hugging a pillow and staring into space. This past three days had been like one of his dreams where Jungkook showed up but disappears once he wakes up.

He had placed a call to Lucas to double the security in the mansion. Taehyung is not taking any chances seeing that more than one person now knows Jungkook was alive. Don't blame him for suspecting everyone when no body knew about Jungkook's trip that morning but still ambushed him.

The craziest thing is that they can not trace the attackers to any lead. They needed something more solid, a name, motive but nothing seem to be showing up.

His phone lit up indicating he received a message. He checked to see it was Hoseok informing him that he will be in Korea by morning tomorrow and Taehyung quickly replied that he should come to the mansion later to drop off the documents before locking the phone.

He was waiting for Jungkook to come upstairs and did not know when he slept off.

After about two hours, Jungkook walked into their bedroom and was met with a sleeping Taehyung cuddling with a pillow.

Jungkook smiled climbing into the bed and crawling into Taehyung's arms after gently removing the pillow.

Taehyung instinctively pulled him more into his arms by the waist.

"Pa has left?" Taehyung asked smuggling his face into the younger's neck.

"Yes, he made me eat all the meal he brought" Jungkook responded with a big smile.

"Totally forgot about my existence, nothing new there" sarcasm could be heard in Taehyung's voice cause Jungkook to laugh.

"We both know he loves me more" Jungkook teased

"No questioning that" Taehyung answered his voice already dropping as he goes back to sleep.

"Good night love" Jungkook whispered noticing the other has falling back to sleep.

.
.
.
.
.

It was 3 am when Taehyung suddenly woke up to a sound. He looked at Jungkook sleeping by his side and could remember sleeping off in the middle of their conversation.

He slowly got out of the younger's hold and collected a gun hanging under the bed, he confirmed there was bullets in it and stood up to check where the sound was coming from totally forgetting to put on a shirt.

The maids and security knows not to enter the mansion after 12am so he isn't expecting to meet any of them downstairs.

He quietly walked out of the room towards the stair when he heard the sound again and this time it was coming from the door. He check the wall clock and saw it was 3am.

Who the hell could be visiting at this hour

He walked to the door and opened it only to be met with hoseok looking around like he was looking out for something or someone a bit scared.

"Hoseok?" Taehyung asked confused "What the hell are you doing here at this hour?" He questioned further while looking at the surrounding before pulling hoseok into the house and shut the door.

On the other hand hoseok head has forgotten why he was there at that hour hour as he was lost at the sight of a shirtless taehyung. It's been years he saw him like this and he had really matured like he imagined. Muscle more tone and fit.

"Answer God damnit!" Taehyung whispered yelled pulling the other out of his thought and he remembered why he was here causing his eyes to widen.

"Teahy..."

They were distracted by a loud gun shot sound coming from upstairs.

'jungkook'

Taehyung literally flew through the stairs running back to his bedroom with hoseok pulling out a gun and running behind him.

___________________
___________________

I had set a schedule for updating which was Wednesdays and weekends but I got my first shot of the COVID Vaccine on Wednesday and my body has not been acting funny.

At first I slept for hours, then in the middle of the night started burning up and I felt really weak but luckily I am better now.

I will definitely update this weekend again.

~taekook_mams~

1001 words