Chapter 22

"Are you sure I shouldn't come with you" Jungkook asked for the hundredth time that morning.

They had come back around 4am and slept off immediately. Jungkook woke up to Taehyung moving about the room trying to get ready for the office. When Jungkook asked he said he had to speak to his father about everything they found out.

Taehyung who was fixing his neck tie looked at Jungkook who was still laying under the sheets in their bed.

"You should go back to sleep kook, I will be back before you know it" he responded to the the younger's question again.

"I don't feel its safe for you to be moving around alone" Jungkook said as he felt a shiver run through his spine, this feels like dejavu. It felt like the morning eight months ago before his kidnap.

He got off the bed to get ready, he isn't taking any chances atall.

"What are you doing?" Taehyung asked surprised at the younger's sudden action.

"Tae, I am not making the same mistake as last time, we are going together" the younger responded pulling out some clothes from the closet before he started getting rid of his pajama.

Taehyung pulled him into a back hug placing a kiss on his nape.

"Coming with me will not change much and I prefer we are separated at all time so one person is safe atall times"

Jungkook was about to protest again when Taehyung pulled out a necklace from a small box in front of him. Taehyung unhooked the necklace with a diamond pendant and wore it around the younger's neck before turning him around to face him.

Jungkook looked down at the pendant and noticed the diamond was peeping a very dim light.

"It's a tracker just like the one in our wedding ring. When you went missing the last time and your wedding ring was returned my heart dropped because it was my back up plan in cases of emergencies. So if anything happens just press and hold the pendant and a signal will be sent to me and the guys immediately with your live location".

"I don't want it Tae, let me go with you" Jungkook got a little panicked remembering the threat he received. He should have really stayed away.

"Hey, look at me! I will be okay, I called the guys to come escort me already and I am just going to the office. I am sure it will be okay. Don't you trust me?" Taehyung tried to convince seeing his husband panic

"I am scared Tae" Taehyung pulled the younger into a hug.

Oh, Jungkook is terrified. They found out that he returned to his family so the threat. And since he returned this will be first time they would be separating and he doesn't like it.

He trust Taehyung can handle himself but they are yet to know what exactly is this enemy's target.

"I will be fine baby. I already texted Jimin the address to come stay with you while I am away. You remember were all the weapons are placed in the house. I really need to speak to Dad so we can get a closure to this case and know how we are going to solve everything once and for all".

Jungkook nodded into his chest holding him tightly and silently praying they get through this safely.

After some minutes they heard the door bell which means Jimin arrived. Taehyung pulled away from the hug and went to get the door seeing a Jimin who rolled his eyes at seeing him

"Where is Jungkook?" He asked immediately.

"Hope you weren't followed?" Jimin responded with a shake of his head

Jungkook walked into the sitting room just then and gave jimin a hug.

Taehyung walked back into the room to get the things he needs a he quickly made a call to Hoseok asking if they are at the spot waiting fir him. He had asked Hoseok to get a few men to block him on the way to the office. He was still not allowing anyone know about their location.

He stepped back into the sitting room seeing that Jimin was inside the kitchen probably looking for something to stuff into his face. He could see from there that Jimin had a weapon tucked into his pants meaning he came prepared. 'Good'

"I am leaving now" Taehyung informed getting Jungkook's attention. The younger walked towards him and smashed their lips together.

The kiss was gentle, void of any form of lust. They both poured their soul and love into the kiss conveying everything they can't speak out loud into it.

Jungkook conveying is worries and fear into the kiss while Taehyung conveyed his promise to return to him.

Taehyung was the first to pull away, he stared at his baby who still had his eyes closed as if not wanting to loss the feeling of the older's kiss and emotions flowing through him.

"I will be back" Taehyung stated before kissing the younger's lips again.

.
.
.
.

Taehyung drove out of the building into the busy road, he drove for few minutes before hoseok came to view with three different security cars packed alongside his.

They started moving as he came close putting his car in the middle as they continued the drive to the office. It was about fourth minutes into the ride that Taehyung noticed some cars fastly approaching them.

'As expected' Taehyung thought to himself. It's been more than twenty four hours since the attack and they would have know that the intruders gun was missing and needs to get to him before they take a step. This was the reason he refused Jungkook to come with him. He knew they would expect both of them to be together at all time now that they know who the enemy is.

The cars sped up towards them and his phone started ringing and he saw that it was Hoseok.

"Tae, I think we are been chased" he heard the other say calmly from the other end of the phone.

"Don't stop driving" taehyung responded before ending the call. Just then Taehyung saw that the front security car has been overtaken, he immediately diverted his car taking the next turn. He saw hoseok car following right behind and continued driving ahead.

He was about to take the next turn a big truck immediately block his front causing him to march the brakes with force to avoid colliding with the vehicle. He immediately put the car on reverse ready to drive back but Hoseok car had stop right behind him and not moving. He immediately dialed the older's number to tell him to move back but he was not picking.

Without thinking he turned the car to the left to find a way to maneuver his way out but saw about four Convo parked and thats when he realized that he has been corned.

He still left the car engine running ready to take any slight chance he gets to get out of there.

One of the cars opened and a security man ran to around the back and opened the door for a man to come down, the man smiled and waved at taehyung.

'Park Bo Gum'

Taehyung pulled out his gun and confirmed again he had just enough bullet. All he had to do was make his way to hoseok's car and they can drive out as no car seem to be blocking the older behind.

He gently opened the car not scared of been shot because he knew they aren't planning to kill him here if Bo Gum came here himself. So he slowly came down and just as he was bout to run towards the car behind.

He froze felt a gun at his head, the gun wasn't what shocked him but the person pointing the gun at him..

"Drop the gun, Tae"

______________________

Who y'all think is pointing the gun at Tae?

Will Taehyung make it out of there?

See you in next chapter.

~taekook_mama~

1346 words