𝕮𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 𝕱𝖔𝖚𝖗

"It's officially been two weeks, how's living with the boys?" Brooke asks as she does my hair after the last client leaves.

"I didn't even know they lived together, I though Kai just liked staying over." I admit, making her laugh and nod.

"They live there together since River doesn't need a huge house to himself. Besides, Kai likes the company." She says. I nod as I watch her do a nice bleach bath to rid my hair of the last of the faded purple.

"It's going well though. River is usually up before me so he'll hang out with Tavia and make us breakfast for when we wake up. She really likes hanging out with them, she keeps calling Kai Prince Charming."

She laughs and shakes her head. "She's adorable. How's he doing with the staring thing? It's probably creeping you out at this point." She says.

I shake my head to what seems like her surprise. "It's not creepy and I don't mind. He's actually been really helpful with Tavia, even offered to take her to school today instead of her waiting at the daycare."

She smiles and nods. "He's sweet like that sometimes, he never really connects with people but he must like Tavia. He probably likes the Prince Charming compliments." She jokes.

I laugh as she finishes the bleach bath. "I've been meaning to ask you about this, does your dad really think he's a freak?" I ask, a frown on her face as she nods.

"My parents got together when Kai was 4 and they had me a year later. My dad's always been a jerk to him because he's not his real son, mom tries talking to him about it but Kai just says it's fine. It's really affected him though, he never got those father-son moments so he doesn't get some things like River does."

I frown, that could explain the awkwardness, always being pushed away by the person who's supposed to love you.

"Is that why he stares and doesn't speak much?" I ask. She nods.

"That's part of it. Dad used to tell him not to speak unless asked a question, so whenever he was home he'd be quiet until he left. I've always been kind of mad at my mom for not doing anything about it, but my dads too controlling and only really treats Jonah and I like his kids."

"I'm so sorry he like that. Has he always said Kai's eyes were ugly?" I ask lastly, her head snapping up as if she's shocked. "What?"

"He talked to you about his eyes? He gets angry whenever someone mentions them." She says in disbelief.

"He seemed embarrassed by them but he didn't get angry." I say. She smiles lightly as she mixes my colour.

"He must like you." She says as she starts my roots. I roll my eyes and shake my head as she laughs. "I'm serious Roxi, he wore sunglasses everyday for 5 years because he didn't want people to see his eyes."

I frown as she continues, done speaking and resting in a comfortable silence. I hear the door open and look at Brooke confused.

"We're closed!" I shout through the salon.

"I have food." The voice says, walking around the corner with a bag of food. He sets it on the chair next to me and gives Brooke a hug.

"How's work?" She asks him. Kai shrugs and and sits in another chair as he watches her do my hair.

"River got me my spot near the front back. I didn't like being at the back." He says as he opens the bag and pulls out McDonald's bags.

"You told me you liked these." He's says quietly as he hands me a bag, inside there's fries and chicken nuggets. I smile, looking at him in the mirror since I can't move my head.