𝕮𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 𝕾𝖊𝖛𝖊𝖓𝖙𝖊𝖊𝖓

"Kai, you doing ok?" I ask as I take his hand. He shrugs and stares at the floor. "Want to talk about it? It's ok if you don't."

"There's way too many people out there. And Brooke said they might try to hug me which I don't want." He says as he links our fingers and squeezes my hand gently.

"It's ok to not want hugs. If someone tries to hug you and you don't want to, just hold your hand up and say politely that you'd rather not." I tell him as he nods. "You're overwhelmed?"

"Very." He mumbles. I nod and move closer as I lay on his shoulder. "I don't know if I can stay the whole time. There's so many people and usually I had mom when it came to things like this where people wanted to hug me."

I look up and for the first time in a few days he's stressed to the point he starts scratching at his face. I can see the little red lines as he goes to do it again so I take his hand and kiss it.

"I know I'm not your mom, but if you need to leave I can always go with you." I say as I run my hands through his soft hair, smoothing out where he's played with it.

"I'd like that." He says as Brooke comes out and Tavia walks over to me.

"Brooke said Kate really likes Arthur. There cuddling right now." She says as she sits on my lap.

"That's good." I say as she holds Chubby and hugs him.

"Kai, can I give you a hug? You look sad." She asks as she looks up at him. He smiles lightly and nods as Tavia leans over and hugs him, pretending to make her bunny kiss his cheek. He smiles lightly and kisses the top of her head.

"Thanks Tavia, I feel a bit better now." He says as she smiles.

"We're going to start letting people in. Why don't you kids head in there and everyone will start heading in soon." Jane says from where her and Charles are sitting.

"Sounds good mom." River says as he stands up and takes Brooke's hand. Tavia runs over to them and holds his other hand as they head inside. Jonah and Callum follow them slowly with Kai and I behind them.

"You can leave whenever you need to." I say quietly to Kai when people start coming in.

"Am I allowed to leave too?" Jonah asks, standing on the other side of me.

"Of course, I think there's water and coffee around the corner in a little seating area." I say as he nods and some people hug him.

Callum, River, Tavia, and I all stand back a bit as people hug the three, Kai actually hugging people but fidgeting after and looking back at me every time.

People all find seats as I help River go over what he's going to say. Brooke was going to do it but it was too hard so she's going to stand with him as River reads it.

"He's doing good." He whispers to me, motioning to Kai as another person hugs him. He looks back and forces a smile before looking away again.

"He is, better than I expected. Maybe there won't be a huge break down, he seems ok after seeing her." I whisper back.

"What about Jonah? Cal was saying he wasn't doing well last night, some nightmares and a complete break down this morning."

"He's definitely having a rough time. I ended up going up with him to see her and sat down while he said goodbye. I think he's taking it just as hard as Kai but he's showing it a bit more." I explain as I watch Jonah, another person hugging him and him faking a smile. "How's Brooke doing?" I ask.

"As you'd expect. She's still wrapping her head around her mom not being at the wedding, but we've got a few things planned for her. I think she just needs a break from everything." He says.