𝕮𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 𝕱𝖎𝖛𝖊

"Jonah's out back in the pool. Tavia, you have your princess bathing suit here if you want to go swimming." Brooke says as Tavia smiles and nods.

"Do you need help?" I ask her. She shakes her head and runs upstairs to change while Brooke pulls me behind her to her room.

"You'd look stunning in this." She says as she hands me a black bikini. I nod and look at it.

"You know I don't look the best in these, I have had a baby." I mention as I hold it up to me.

"You'll look amazing girl, just put it on." She says as she pushes me into her bathroom. I change into the bathing suit, looking at the way my stomach looks in it.

It doesn't look terrible, just not as toned as it used to be. I was thankful enough not to get many stretch marks, only a few on my lower stomach and definitely on my legs.

I pile my clothes up and knock on the door, Brooke opening it with a smile. "Gorgeous." She says as she puts my clothes on her bed.

I smile lightly as we walk outside, joining the kids in the pool. The boys are both sitting on the edge with their feet in as Brooke and I tie our hair up to not get wet. We stand in the pool next to the boys and watch as Jonah teaches Tavia how to swim, having her hold a noodle as she does it.

"Your hair looks so cool in the sun." River says as he looks at all of our hair. "And just because the three of you have blue hair doesn't mean I'll do it." He glares at Brooke as she laughs.

"How about green?" She jokes as he scrunches his nose.

"Hell no, I'm not broccoli." We both laugh as even Kai smiles a little. The back gate opens and their parents walk over, Kate smiling as she runs over and hugs the boys and leans over the edge to hug us.

"Look at that, your hair looks amazing!" She exclaims as she looks at our hair, touching Kai's but him pulling away as she smiles.

"Brooklyn, did you dye your brothers hair?" Cliff asks, a slightly annoyed look on his face.

"Ya, he wanted it done." She says, lightly touching my hand, telling me to stay quiet.

"He looks ridiculous. Malakai, what is wrong with you? You look like a faggot." His dad scolds. He did not just say that, out loud and to his face. Kai looks down as he gets up, walking away as Kate frowns at Cliff.

"I told you not to call him that. His hair looks nice." She says sadly but Cliff just shakes his head. Brooke pulls me closer and leans into my ear.

"Can you go find him? He'll get angry at us but I feel like he'll talk to you. I'll keep an eye on Tavia." She says. I nod and get out of the pool, River pulling me out.

"Where would he be?" I ask quietly. River shrugs and Brooke points to the treehouse on the edge of the forest. I nod and walk over there, climbing up the ladder and opening the door slowly.

He's sitting facing the wall with his head in his hands. I can see his shoulders shaking, he's crying.

I walk over and kneel next to him, tapping his arm and waiting for him to look up. When he does it makes me want to cry, his eyes are red and puffy, he has tears smudged on his cheeks and his usually bright eyes seem so sad.

"Are you ok?" I ask softly as I sit next to him on the blanket. He shakes his head slowly as he wipes his eyes. "Do you want to talk about it?"

"He always calls me that." He says quietly as he stares at the wall, not moving, just staring.

"He shouldn't call you that, your hair looks amazing." I say as I brush it from his eyes. He continues to stare at the wall, more tears falling down his cheeks.

"I don't try to make him angry. He always gets angry, every time I see him." He says as he frowns.

"Do you need a hug? I know Brooke likes hugs when she's upset." I say softly as he looks down at me, pursing his lips as he nods lightly. I lean forwards to give him a hug, feeling him rest his head on my shoulder as he sniffs.

"You're very understanding." He says quietly as he sits up. I smile and shrug as he touches his hair, smiling lightly through his tears. "Do you think... do you think I'm a fag?"

I frown and shake my head. "Of course not. Why would you think that?" I ask softly as he sits and hugs his legs to his chest.

"You've probably figured it out by now, because of what he called me. I don't only like girls." He says, seeming to slowly open up as I just sit quietly and listen. "I don't see anything wrong with it but he just yells and yells any time it's mentioned."

"There's nothing wrong with you Kai, he's just an angry person who's taking it out on you. Your hair looks amazing, your eyes are incredible, and it's not your fault if you like guys too."

He nods and wipes his eyes with his shirt before looking up. "Do you think I'm a freak? I-I know I stare a lot and I don't try to be weird-"

"You're not a freak." I cut him off. "Just ignore what he says and if he's upsetting you just walk away and sit somewhere."

He nods and smiles lightly. "Thank you Roxi." He says quietly as he looks at the floor again.

"It's no problem at all. I'm always here if you'd like to talk." I say as I look out the window to the pool. "I don't see your parents, want to go back out there?" I ask.

He nods and stands up, holding a hand out to help me up before going down the ladder. He stands at the bottom until I'm down and we walk back to the pool, the two laying on towels while the kids still swim.

"Hey dude, you alright?" River asks as Kai sits in the chair behind him and leans back.

"Yes." Is his only response as River raises an eyebrow to me. I nod lightly and he gives a thumbs up. I sit next to Kai in the second chair behind Brooke and put my sunglasses on as I close my eyes.

I start to fall asleep, feeling tired from my long day. I don't even realize when I fall asleep in the the warm sun.

-

I feel myself being carried up some stairs and my back laying down on my comfy bed. I'm too asleep to wake up so I don't bother.

"Goodnight Roxi, have a nice sleep." I feel a small kiss on my head before I fall back into my deep slumber.