𝕮𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 𝕱𝖎𝖋𝖙𝖊𝖊𝖓

"I don't want anyone to talk to me." He whispers as we go in the back door.

"I know, I'm at the back and no one but Brooke comes back here." I say as he nods and looks around like he usually does. I take his jacket for him and put it with my stuff as he sits down and I cape him.

"What do you want to do?" He asks. I smile lightly and grab the same blue and some purple out from the cupboard, setting them down as I play with his hair.

"If you'd like, we can do just the purple or blue, or we can do both in your hair. However you want it." I say. He nods and touches his hair gently.

"Do you have time to bleach it and do it?" He asks. "It's ok if you don't-"

"I have time. I cleared my schedule last night and told everyone we needed to reschedule. Today is just you." I say as I kiss the top of his head. He smiles lightly and nods.

"I'd like to bleach it so it's more visible." He says. I nod and grab the lightener from my cupboard with the 20 volume developer since it's my go-to.

"How are you doing?" I ask quietly as I mix the lightener. He shrugs.

"I'm pretty sure I'm still a little drunk." He says as he smiles lightly. I chuckle and start applying the lightener as he sighs. "River said they want the funeral to be this Saturday, that's four days."

"It is, do you think it's too early?" I ask. He shakes his head.

"I just want it to be perfect for her. And Brooke said I can do the playlist and they will handle the rest." He says.

"That sounds good. If you need any help we can sit down and do it later." I say. He nods lightly as I continue.

-

"I need to wash it out, can you come to the sink?" I ask as I put the lightener away. He looks to the busy salon and nods.

"Please don't leave me by myself." He says. I nod and hold his hand as we walk to the sinks and I grab my shampoo and conditioner. I start rinsing his hair and give his head a massage as he closes his eyes.

"Hey Roxi, is Brooke coming in today?" Louanne asks.

"No, family things. She won't be in all week." I say. She nods and walks away as Kai opens his eyes.

"I really like your shampoo and conditioner. Can I buy some off you for at home?" He asks. I chuckle and help him sit up as I towel dry his hair.

"I've got a whole bunch here, I'll bring some home for you." I say as he quickly walks to the back to avoid people talking to him. I chuckle and start drying his hair as he watches in the mirror.

"I look weird blonde." He says as I laugh and shrug.

"I think you look cute, but darker colours suit you better." I say as he blushes and I laugh. "Why are you blushing like that? Do I make you nervous?" I tease.

"Yes, but in the good way. And I don't get compliments a lot." He says. I sigh and kiss his cheek as I finish drying his hair.

"So how do you want me to do this? I can do it however you'd like." I say as he looks at his hair.

"Can it be blue then fade to the purple?" He asks.

"Of course. Do you want your hair cut too or does it look fine?" I ask. He shakes his head.

"It looks fine." He says as I nod and start mixing the colours. I put some gloves on and start applying the colour, giving it a nice ombré from the blue to purple.

"You're good at this." He says as I smile and look at him in the mirror. "Do you think you'll teach Tavia how to do this?"

"If she's interested in it." I say as I watch him in the mirror. "I'm scared to because she'll need someone to be her mannequin."