𝕮𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 𝕱𝖔𝖚𝖗𝖙𝖊𝖊𝖓

"Kai! Can I come in?" I ask as the shower shuts off. He opens the door and stares at me confused. "I don't think your mom is ok, we're going to pick her up."

"Ok. Why isn't she ok?" He asks as he pulls on some clothes, not even bothering to dry his hair.

"Cliff is having an affair and won't let her leave. She sounded bad Kai, really bad." I say as we rush downstairs. "Jonah, watch Tavia for me ok? Something came up and we'll be back later."

"Ok, have fun." He says as he doesn't even look up from his page. We run out the door and get in Kai's car as he speeds off down the road.

"Did she say anything to you?" He asks as he grips the steering wheel to the point his knuckles are white.

"She kept saying to tell you guys she loved you and will always love you. It sounded like she was going somewhere." I say. I don't want to say what I think, he's already stressed enough.

After a while we pull up to the house and the car is barely parked before he runs inside. I get out and follow, walking through the house I've never been in and trying to find the stairs.

"Roxi!" I hear Kai shout as I find the stairs and I run up, looking in the rooms before seeing him standing at the wall.

"Kai, is everything ok- oh my god!" I back up and blink as I try to take in what's in front of me. She's just hanging there. Kai seems to be pinned to the wall as he stares at her.

"Mom! Mom! Wake up!" He shouts but doesn't move. I take a breath and walk over, pulling the knocked over chair closer and standing on it, checking for a pulse.

"Kate..." I whisper when there's none. I get down and walk over to Kai, taking his hand and slowly pulling him from the room.

"That's not real. Roxi this isn't real." He sobs as I sit him on the floor.

"Deep breaths. Can you call 911 for me?" I ask and he shakes his head. "That's ok, sit right here ok?" I ask as tears stream down my face.

I walk back into the bedroom and dial 911, putting it on speaker as I face the wall, too scared to see her like this.

"911 what's your emergency?"

"Hi, I need an ambulance to 472 bleakwood." I say as I try to stop my voice from shaking. This is all too much for him.

"Ok honey, can you tell me what happened?" The lady asks calmly.

"My... my boyfriends mom, she hung herself... her husband is having affair and she called me and told me to tell her kids she loved them. She didn't sound right and we rushed over here but she was already..."

"Ok hun, just try to relax. They'll be there in five minutes."

"Ok, thank you." I say and hang up before turning back to Kate. "Why Kate? We were coming to see you." I say as I push the bed under her, standing on the chair and trying to get her down. I can't leave her like this for five more minutes.

I untie the rope and lay her petite body down on the bed. "You're so cold Kate." I whisper as I brush her hair from her pale blue face. The door opens and Kai walks in.

"This is a dream. This is all some stupid dream." He says as he walks over and tries to shake her awake.

"Kai, it's not a dream. Look at me, hey, look at me." I say as I hold his cheeks and turn him away from his mom. "An ambulance is on it's way. We have to call Brooke and your brother ok? Can you help me do that?"

"She's gone... Roxi she can't be gone!" He shouts as he hugs me and sobs into my shoulder. "I-I didn't answer the phone. I should have answered the phone!" He shouts.