𝕮𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 𝕿𝖜𝖊𝖑𝖛𝖊

"Where are you going mommy?" Tavia asks as I pack my bag.

"Kai and I are going camping. You're going to stay here with River. Brooke is going to come over with Jonah and you guys are going to bake some cookies." I explain as she nods and helps me zip up my bag.

"Last time you left me that guy who said he was my daddy showed up. He won't show up again right?" She asks as she sits on the bed.

"No sweetie, and if he does River will make sure he doesn't talk to you again." I say as I hug her. She nods and pulls me down to her height.

"Can you and Kai date?" She asks. I laugh and roll my eyes as I mess up her hair.

"I know you like Kai, we're going on a date tonight so we'll see. But you missy can't keep asking that whenever I'm hanging out with him." I say as she smiles and nods.

"Ready to go?" I turn around and Kai is standing in the doorway with his bags.

"Sure am. You behave ok?" I ask Tavia. She nods and walks with us downstairs so we can say goodbye to River.

"Aw, look at you two all ready for your date." He teases as he picks Tavia up and sets her on the counter. "Don't give Tavia a sibling while you're gone."

"Asshole." I say and flick him as he laughs.

"You're a dick." Kai says as we both hug Tavia and wave. We get into my car and throw our stuff if the back with the rest of our things before Kai directs me.

He's quiet today, not because he's upset because he seems pretty happy, but he's just quiet. I drive down some quiet roads to a lake, next to it a small dock and some picnic benches.

"It's beautiful out here." I say as we grab our bags and the tent, walking to the clearing to set it up.

"It is. I like it out here." He says as he smiles and starts setting up the tent. I hold some things, not really sure what I'm doing but he seems to have it under control as he quietly works. I'm glad his ribs are feeling better today, although they're probably not healing properly since he refuses to relax.

"Everything good? You're quiet." I ask as he looks up and smiles.

"I'm good, I'm just really happy. And nervous because you said yes." He says as he starts putting everything in the tent. We roll out our sleeping bags and set up our sleeping area before he grabs his bathing suit, holding it up.

"Would you like to go swimming?" He asks.

"Sounds fun, I'll let you change." I say as I walk out of the tent and zip it up. I sit at the picnic bench and watch some robins fly through the trees, a few ducks far out on the lake, and some honeybees in the flowers.

"You can change now." I look over and smile as Kai comes out and sits down while I change into my bathing suit. I really like this one, it's a purple and black bikini with little rhinestones covering it.

When I walk out Kai stares and smiles. "I'm sorry for staring, you look very pretty." He says as he stands up and holds his hand out to me. I take it as we walk to the dock and dip our feet in the water.

"Ooh, that's nice." I say as I kick the water. I see some fish swimming below us and a few frogs and turtles at the waters edge, it's so nice out here.

"Come on, let's swim." Kai says as he slides in and pulls me with him, us both laughing as we come up. "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to pull you that hard." He says as he brushes my hair from my face.

"It's alright, what's the point of swimming if you don't want your hair wet?" I ask. He shrugs in agreement as he takes my hand and we swim over to a rock, holding onto it as we talk.