𝕮𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 𝕾𝖎𝖝𝖙𝖊𝖊𝖓

"Kai, are you ready?" I ask from outside his door as I stand with Tavia. "Can you go to Jonah's room and ask if him and Callum are ready?" I ask her.

"Ok, can I get my black purse too?" She asks as she looks at mine. I nod and kiss her head as she runs off. The door opens and Kai pulls me in looking frantic.

"I-I can't find my tie. It was the one mom got me and I can't find it." He panics as some tears form in his eyes.

"It's ok, I'll help you find it. Just take a breather while I look." I say calmly as I kiss his hand. He sits on the bed and I can hear him counting quietly under his breath. I never noticed him do that until yesterday when he got overwhelmed. Brooke said it's something he learned in therapy and to just let him be when he does it.

I see the tie sitting on top of his dresser and pick it up, along with the little clip next to it. When he sees it he sighs in relief as he walks over.

"Thank you, it was probably right in the open?" He asks as he holds it and the little clip.

"It was on your dresser. I know you're stressed, just take some deep breaths and I'm here if you need anything." I say as I rub his arm. He nods and hands me the tie.

"Can you help me? My hands are shaking too much." He says with a light smile. I nod and take it, standing on the bench at I start tying it. The door opens and River walks in, giving us a teasing look.

"How cute." He bugs. I roll my eyes and laugh as I finish and jump down. Kai puts the clip on and walks away to look in the mirror. "How's he doing? He hasn't talked to anyone else in days." He asks me quietly.

I look at Kai, so focused on his suit and tie, fixing every little flaw he finds. "I'm not sure. I don't think he's completely processed it yet. I have a feeling he will break down after today." I explain quietly. River nods and looks at him.

"Stay with him today, Brooke told me not to tell you but she said he's acting the same as he did when he was going through something a while ago. It got so bad he almost hurt himself." He whispers.

I nod as Kai walks over and takes my hand in both of his. "Do I look ok? I tried getting the little fluffs off my jacket but I can't." He says as he looks down at it.

"You look perfect. And there's no fluffs, it's just part of the jacket." I say as I rub his hands with my thumbs. He nods and picks up my purse for me, handing it to me with a sweet smile.

We head downstairs to where Tavia is helping Brooke pin a piece of her hair back. She smiles when she sees us and nods to Jonah, sitting quietly with Callum with his head in his hands.

"Jonah, you doing ok?" I ask as everyone else walks out to the cars. He looks up and shakes his head. "Need to talk?" I ask.

"I'm scared. Brooke said they did her makeup and made her look how she usually does, but I don't want to see her." He says as tears fall from his eyes. I nod and sit next to him as Callum stands up.

"I'll go wait outside." He says and kisses Jonah's hair before smiling lightly to me and leaving.

"If you'd like, I can go up with you while you say goodbye. I know it's hard and I don't want you to be overwhelmed." I say as I rub his back. He nods.

"Thank you." He says quietly as he hugs me. I smile and kiss his forehead as he sits back. "You're kinda like a sister to me now."

I chuckle and smile as I pull him up. "And you're like the annoying little brother I've always seen you as." I joke. He laughs and grabs his bag as he follows me.

The car ride is quiet, Tavia coming with Kai and I and the boys with with Brooke and River. Kai doesn't seem to want to talk much and I don't blame him.