𝕮𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 𝕹𝖎𝖓𝖊

"See you later, we're hanging out Sunday right?" Brooke asks as we both get in our cars.

"Of course. You bring the booze I'll bring the snacks." I say. She nods and smiles as she drives off. I wait until I know she's gone before walking back inside and letting River and Tavia in the back with the puppy.

"Hi mommy." Tavia says as she hugs me.

"Hi sweetheart. Did you have a good day at school?" I ask as we go to my station and I cover everything in plastic to not get dog fur everywhere. She nods as she pets the puppy.

"So what do you want me to do?" I ask River as he holds the puppy and I get the dye ready, using a mixture of food dye and a special conditioner to not hurt the puppy.

"Can you write "marry me?" on it?" He asks. I nod and grab the smaller brushes I got with the dye and pet the puppy named Casper. He licks my hand and Tavia pets him while I do the writing, River smiling the whole time.

"I hope she likes it, I know blue is her favourite colour." He says as he looks at it as I finish up.

"She'll love it. Kai knows the plan right?" I ask as I clean up and we wait a few minutes. River pets the puppy as he nods.

"Yep, he tried to hide it but he's excited." He says as I smile. "So what's going on with you guys?" He asks.

"What do you mean?" I question as we put the puppy on the floor and and hook him up to the table leg.

"It's easy to tell you guys have a thing for each other, especially when you're doing that staring thing." He says. I roll my eyes and shake my head.

"I've told him he's allowed to stare. I don't understand it but it's not creepy like you all seem to think." I say as we sit down and have some left over pizza from lunch today, Tavia sitting with the puppy.

"I know you don't think it's creepy, it's not just that though. I'm serious when I say I have never in my life seen him let someone touch him, especially hug him when he's upset. Or how you can just touch his hair or clothes when we're watching tv. Do you know where I'd be if I did that? Dead."

I roll my eyes at his dramatics. "He said he trusts me and small touches like that are comforting. None of us know how his brain works so if he says something is comforting I'm going to do it when he's upset."

"I get that. I'm just wondering when you two will admit you have some kind of feelings for each other. Because I will go crazy if I have to witness this for any longer."

"You're so whiny, can I not just be his friend?" I ask. He shrugs.

"I guess. But I bet Brooke wants to guys together too." He says before crossing his arms like a child.

"Good lord, you two are perfect for each other." I groan as he laughs and pets the dog. "How are you feeling?" I ask.

"Nervous, excited, and seriously in need of a good answer." He says. I chuckle and pat his arm as he pulls the ring from his backpack. "I was thinking we could take a picture of what we're doing now to show her afterwards?"

"Of course." I say as grab his phone as he holds the puppy and he lets Tavia hold the box with the ring. "Say cheese!" I say as she smiles and even the puppy seems to smile.

"Awesome." He says as he puts it all away and sighs, a satisfied smile on his face. "I hope she loves it."

"She will. River you're going to make her the happiest girl on the planet, she's going to say yes." I reassure him as he nods.

"Casper can't come home until she's gone, Kai's going to text you right?" He asks. I nod as my phone dings as if on command.

"She just got home." I say. He nods and helps me clean and lock up before we get in the cars and drive home.