Chapter 7: I Play Hop Potato With Boroughs

HOLY SHEEP I FORGOT TO UPDATE ONE OF THE MOST IMPORTANT CHAPS OF THE BOOK-

"Wakey wakey eggs and bakey-" Race shook his friend awake. "-just kidding we have no food."

"Leave me alone." Anastasia groaned, slapping his face away.

"Hey!" Race whined.

"I go back to bed." Anastasia sighed. "Nighty night."

"Wait don't go back to bed!" Race shook the younger girl roughly.

"A'right, a'right I got it!" she yelled.

"C'mon! If ya hurry we can get to the tracks! Then we can watch the race at three!" The twelve-year-old grinned ecstatically.

"Fine, fine!" She whacked him with a pillow.

"Move your lazy a** off the bed!" Race lazily wacked the eleven-year-old back. [*captain america or ray molina voice* lAnGuAgE!] [*reggie peters voice* sOrRy!] (...) (y E h) [pick a fandom everyone]

"What does a** mean?" Anastasia crooked her head to the side.

Race's eyes widened.

"Nothing!"

"Uh huh." She crossed her arms but got out of bed anyway.

~~~~~~📰~~~~~~

"Morning Jack." Anastasia yawned, still seemingly half-asleep.

"Morning Drew." Jack chuckled.

Even if everyone knew she was a girl now, her fake name still stuck so most of them still called her Drew.

"It's too early for this." Anastasia sighed, resting her head against Race's shoulder.

"I'm sure ya can survive." Race laughed, leaning his head on top of hers.

"They's like a couple already." Albert laughed, grinning cheekily. [albert i love you] (wHo dOesNt)

"Can't wait for their first date." Blink shook his head.

"I call doing Drew's hair." Finch elbowed Crutchie.

"Aw man!" Crutchie whined. "I'm learnin', not new."

"Still new to the business Crutch." Mush grinned, high-fiving Finch.

"Blink is in charge." JoJo crossed his arms. "I love you guys, but there is no way I'm trusting ya with something as big as this."

"Name one time we messed some up." Albert huffed.

"Well-" Before JoJo could start listing Albert cut him off.

"Never mind!"

"As long as I don't have to carry anything heavy." Blink shrugged.

"How about that table downstairs?" Mush slapped his shoulder smiling widely.

"The wooden one?" Kid Blink's eyes widened.

"Oh yeah! That would be perfect." Romeo laughed.

"Ay, shush kid." Blink pushed the back of Romeo's head.

~~~~~~📰~~~~~~

"So Cowboy." Oscar crossed his arms, smiling smugly. "Where's little Drew?"

"I'm-" Stasia began but was cut off when Specs put a hand over her mouth and pushing both Race and her behind him.

"Why ya looking for my newsie?" Jack crossed his arms back. "Unless ya looking for fight." He raised a fist.

"We're not looking for a fight." Morris shrugged, grinning wickedly.