LIFE SUCKS [A/F]

Your best friend had just died, and you finally saw the world in its true colors.

It was a shithole.

Almost everyday, you talked to your best friend. It could either be about your girlfriend Natasha, or just about how the day went. Them seeing you happy filled their heart, as it did vise versa.

But now that they were gone, you had a giant hole in your heart. You hated everything. You stopped talking to the Avengers, even though you still did all your regular things.

Have dinner with them? You wouldn't talk.

Have breakfast with them? No conversation.

What about having a nice coffee with your girlfriend? Zilch.

You still cared for her, though. Truth is, the only thing that made you keep going with this life was her. Nat was your favorite person, next to her was Y/B/F. They were your two favorite people, but I guess now you had to settle for one.

As you stopped talking completely, everyone asked you questions. You were getting tired of them, hating how everyone would get on your case.

You best friend had just died for Christ sake.

Although, they didn't know that.

Nobody did.

-

As of right now, you were making your way to the kitchen to have dinner with the Avengers. You plopped down in your seat, next to Natasha. Steve served dinner, and everyone ate, starting up their conversations with each other as they did.

Natasha turned to you as you were eating the food, not saying a word.

She sighed, "What's wrong?"

"Nothing," you answered bluntly, in a way more harsh tone then you intended, causing every to look over at you.

"You have everyone's attention now," she gestured to them, "Now will you tell us what's wrong?"

"There's nothing wrong, Natasha. Just let me eat in peace and I'll be on my way," you said and looked back down on your food, trying to ignore her.

"Y/N, we all care about you, you know-,"

You huffed and slammed the table, getting up abruptly, "No one gives a shit about me or anyone else."

"What?" she said as her head was jerked back, her eyes filled with shock from the sudden outburst.

"You wanna know what I learned, Nat?" you said and looked around the table, seeing everyone else's eyes on you, "Nobody wants to be here. It's like you all live in this stupid make-believe world where everything's great."

You scoffed, and moved back, your eyes still on everyone.

"Well the universe doesn't work that way, idiots. Just look around," you gestured to the window, "Everyone has been trying to show me that since day one; and I finally got it."

You sighed and glided your hands through your hair.

"Life sucks," you lowered your voice, "And we live in a world of desensitized, apathetic, assholes. So you know what?" you sat back in your seat, "Why don't we all just get with the program and stop giving a shit."

Natasha sighed and looked at you, "You're right."

Your head snapped to her, "What?"

"This world is hell, Y/N. Glad you finally realized it."

You were confused as well as everyone else, "That's not how this works. Aren't you supposed to give me the pep talk about how everything will be okay and then I flip you off or something?"

Natasha chuckled, and then went back to her serious face, "The world was never great, Y/N. It wasn't great to me, it wasn't great to Tony, Steve, Bucky, Loki and Thor, Wanda and Pietro, Vision, Rhodey..."

She trailed off and everyone else's gaze were down.

"Look, my point is, the world we live in will always be fucked up. We just learned how to deal with it before you did," she reached out and put your hands in hers, "So, tell me what's wrong. Tell me what made you realize that we live in a fucked up world."

You looked down and tears welled up in your eyes.

"Y/B/F died," you cleared your throat and looked at everyone, "They died in their sleep."

Everyone's jaw dropped.

"Y/B/F died?! What!" Tony exclaimed, surprised and saddened at the sudden news.

"Yeah, their funeral was last week."

Natasha sighed, "I'm sorry, Y/N/N. I know they was one of your favorite people."

"Yeah, they were. I just miss them so much. And after they, uh..they died," your voice broke but you still kept in the tears, "I looked around, and realized that a world without them was something I never dreamt of. I hate the world without them," you chuckled dryly as tears started to leak out of your eyes, "The only thing that makes me stay here is you. I love you so much. But I still wish they were here."

Natasha caressed your cheek, "They'd want you to stay here, you know that, right? Even if you didn't have me and you didn't have them, that doesn't mean they don't want you to stay in the happy world you once were in."

"But all of that has changed. There will be no happy world until I move on. That will take years."

Natasha stood up.

"Then we'll help you," she looked at everyone and they stood up as well, looking down at you.

"All of us," Tony finished her sentence and everyone nodded, reassuring you.

You chuckled and wiped your tears, sniffling as well, "And how do you guys know I won't give up?"

"Because we love you Y/N," Steve said, "And we'll make sure you're okay."