17

Good slammed the door open, startling Jef.

"Oh, welcome back Good—"

Good growled and walked past him, leaving the male confused.

"Wait, your cupcakes—"

Jef's ears rung from the loud slam of the door. He sat there with a blank stare. He knew something wasn't right, usually, the demon would come home with a prideful smile, before telling him how much the others sucked at gaming.

Jef made his way upstairs and to Good's door, before gently knocking.

"Good..?"

"G-go away.." Good sniffed.

Jef stood silent, before giving a sigh.

"Come on, I wanna know what's wrong," Jef spoke again.

Jef then heard soft whimpers.

"I said, go away."

Jef sighed and walked away. Inside, Good was sulking on his bed. His tears welled up in his eyes and rolled down his cheeks. He huffed and curled into a ball.

The demon tensed up, hearing another gentle knock.

"Good.. I brought you a cupcake."

Good perked up. He crawled out of his bed and stood up, walking towards the door. He opened it slowly, now face to face with Jef. The demon eyed the cupcake, letting Jef in.

Jef walked to his bed, followed by Good. He sat down before handing Good the cupcake and waited patiently for him to finish it.

"So.. what's wrong? You never come home like this."

Good turned away, not wanting Jef to see him cry.

"It's.. n-nothing.." Good trailed off, his voice shaky.

Jef placed a hand on his shoulder, feeling Good tense up.

"Tell me," He said sternly.

Good was questioning what he was doing, but he dove into Jef's arms, hugging him. Jef's eyes widened. This rarely ever happened, or it didn't at all.

Jef comforted the demon in a hushed tone, patting his back. Good felt safe, for once. He closed his eyes, letting out a low purr.

Before he knew it, he was asleep. Jef sighed and stroked his hair, humming a lullaby. A few minutes later, Jef's eyelids felt heavy. He closed them and drifted to sleep as well.