26

"Geo, do you think who you call human me will come back anytime soon?" The god asked, floating in front of the other.

George shook his head. Right now, he didn't want to hear anything about Nightmare. They continued to walk through the forest, NightmareDX sometimes wandering off to inspect something else. George got tired of this, but didn't do anything about it. Knowing the other, he wouldn't listen anyways.

For a moment, it was calm, and a bit too quiet. That was until NightmareDX gasped and picked George up.

"Hey what the- let me down!" George shouted, as he squirmed in the other's grasp.

NightmareDX shook his head.

"No no! I want to show you something."

George groaned and mumbled fine, remaining still as the god cheered and flew away through some bushes. They then approached a large tree, the male being set down. George stared at the tree, recognizing it as a willow tree.

"And why did you bring me to a willow tree?" George asked, placing his hands on his hips.

NightmareDX pointed at what looked to be a sleeping figure. George tilted his head and walked towards them. Once he saw their face, the male gasped, his eyes wide.

It was Nightmare. His dirty blonde hair was filled with twigs and leaves while his outfit was all dirty and ruined. His face seemed to be covered in ashes as he slept peacefully.

'There is where you've been..'

Afraid to wake the other up, George stepped back and turned to the other.

"We're leaving."

"Why? We've found the human me, why don't we take him back?"

George shook his head.

"No no no. We are going back," He said sternly.

NightmareDX puffed his cheeks out and flew past the shorter, approaching the sleeping male. He knelt down and picked some twigs from his hair, awakening him. Nightmare blinked a couple of times, before sitting and rubbing the sleepiness from his eyes.

"Good morning.."

George froze, quickly turning away.

The two similar looking males stared at each other, Nightmare processing what was going on.

"..Where am I?" Nightmare asked.

He brought his hands up to his face as the pieces of ash withered away.

...

"Nightmare.."

...

(Half of this was inspired by the song Overgrown Garden btw :D)