28.1

(This was an assignment lol)

The house at the end of the street has always been abandoned, I never saw the door open until..

"I dare you to spend a night in there!"

And that's how we got here. It was.. creepy to say the least. One thing that almost covered the entire house were spider webs, and that old smell, and were those dark clouds? It looked like it was about to rain. And no, not rain as if the whole town was gonna be flooded like a tsunami happened early in the morning. I meant it looked like dozens of spiders weaved a whole set of black clouds and set it over the house.

I gulped down the lump in my throat, getting dragged inside. We entered into what I assumed was the living room. Expensive furniture was.. oddly clean, sparkling even. For an abandoned house, you wouldn't expect things to not be dusty, would you? At least that's what we saw.

Watching George tease Nightmare, I could feel eyes piercing through our skulls as Napsap trotted behind me. Could it be that we weren't alone? I wasn't sure. But I knew I was getting the heck out of here in the morning.

"Hey Jef, look."

I turned to where Napsap was pointing, spotting a hallway. And just like the living room, not a single dust was spotted. Not on the floor, not on the walls.

"Let's explore this place, I'm getting goosebumps and excited just from staring," Napsap suggested, clinging onto my arm.

"Alright okay, let's go.. hey Nightmare, Geo, we'll be right back!"

"Okay whatever you say!" George yelled back.

And then I was dragged around again. I know I love these three, loving Napsap more since he was kinda like a son to me, but for pumpkin's sake we were in some house we weren't even invited inside. The feeling of being stared at was still in the back of my mind. I could feel them. I could feel sharp eyes following our every move, like a hawk searching for prey. Would we even make it out to see daylight again? I just wanted to go home.

"Oof— Napsap!"

"Sorry sorry, hey look."

I focused my attention on the room we were in. How- how?

"A ballroom?"

How does a ballroom fit in such a small house? I'm so confused.

"Ballroom? Did we get teleported to a castle without realizing or something?" Napsap asked, cocking his brows as he gazed around.

I bet our eyes were about to pop out from how much they widened. I shrugged, taking a step forward. The whole thing was.. incredible! How- I need time to process.

I could feel Napsap let go of my arm and head to the middle of the room. I watched as he stepped and twirled, as if he was practicing dancing. I hesitated before walking over to him.

"Having fun?" I chuckled.

Napsap nodded, his white hair bouncing up and down.

"How come we didn't visit this place before? We need to find the kitchen!" Napsap gasped.

"I don't think we should wander around too much."

Just then.

Woosh

We both turned and gasped at the figure.

"So rude to come walking in here to disturb me," They muttered, "Haven't you people learned to ask for permission?"

I knew it! I knew someone was watching us! We shouldn't have come in here at all! Oh pumpkins.. wait..

"I-I apologize for rudely trespassing, uh.. we'll immediately leave," I stuttered, somehow frozen in place.

I could barely think all of a sudden. The mysterious person, me and Napsap, who was hiding behind me, stayed silent. It was silent enough you could hear crickets, but.. there weren't any windows? And we were so deep in the house. My train of thought came back as I stared at them.

They were.. clear? I could see behind them, just everything was disoriented. It was like we were looking right at a ghost.

"You expect me to forgive you? My, modern humans are so clueless," They growled, revealing more of themselves as they stepped out into the light.

"Hey! W-we're not dumb!"

Their brown hair and white bangs shaded most of their face, a frown still visible. A crown was neatly set on their head, it sparkled in the light with jewels decorating it.

"My name is prince Darryl the fourth, but please call me Good."

...