CHAPTER 39

***This chapter has a big time jump and several time perspectives.***

BEING WITH THE ONE you love makes time pass by so fast, parang di mo na namalayan na ang tagal na pala. It was exactly how Mikee felt for the past five years. It was nothing but complete and utter bliss for her and Kairos. Masaya ang pagsasama nila and there is nothing more she can ask for. He has loved her through some of her bests and worsts. Pinatunayan nito ang lahat ng pangako nito noon sa kanya.

Siguro kung may kulang ay anak na lang pero siya lang ang nakakaramdam nun, Kairos never talks about having kids, neither does his parents nor family. Baka kinausap na ang mga ito ng asawa niya and they've settled that it was a topic they can never bring up with her.

Pero siya, she wanted to do everything, try everything, just to have even one child pero hindi ata kampi ang tadhana sa kanya sa bagay na ito. They have tried all kinds of therapies available, they did IVF twice but she cannot sustain it. Sa lahat ng pagsubok na yun, Kairos stood by her, telling her that it was alright. Niyayakap at inaalo lang siya nito kapag umiiyak siya.

***

"I'm sorry that this ring will stay with me. Dapat heirloom to eh." Mikee sighed, they've been trying to conceive for nearly four years now pero wala pa din. Somehow, there's a part of her that already gave up but the greater part of her just wants to try and try until she can.

"Darling, you're enough for me." Sabi nito sa kanya. He sat gently beside her and wrapped his arms over her shoulder. "You've done so much and I appreciate that pero sana hindi mo iniisip na kailangan mo yun lahat gawin at pagdaanan para sa pagsasama natin. I can't see you breakdown like that every single time that the test turns out negative or when the doctor says that they don't see anything wrong with you but they can't find the reason why we can't hold out a pregnancy."

"I wanted to give you a child, kahit na isa lang." she sobbed.

"And I appreciate and thank you for that pero I don't want it if it breaks you. Darling, masaya ako kahit tayo lang. Sabi ko nga sayo noon na kung anak ang gusto ko sa relasyon natin, you would've been pregnant ever since we got together." Pinunasan nito ang mga luha niya. "All I need out of our love is you."

"Aren't you disappointed?"

"Why? I have the best woman as my wife. Hindi ako madidisappoint Mikaela. I have you and that's enough." Niyakap niya ito ng mahigpit. "Do you really want a child?"

Tumango siya. "I've always wanted to be a mother. Siguro dahil gusto kong magkaroon naman ng buong pamilya, yung hindi katulad nung meron ako."

"Do you want to adopt?" He asked. It's a topic they've discussed numerous times already. "We can do that but I won't do surrogacy, kung magkakaanak ako I want it to be ours."

She already suggested that before and it ended with a huge argument. She proposed kasi na they use somebody else's egg cell instead of hers at nagalit si Kairos. Ayaw daw nito kung ganun, if he's getting a child then everything must come from her. After the argument, she realized na Kairos was just doing this for her. Hindi naman ito naghahangad ng anak, he was already satisfied with just her. Pero siya naman, gusto niyang ibigay ito sa asawa and she wanted it for herself too.

"We can do that." She nodded. "Pero, siguro in a later time. I should be focusing on you muna. Sabi mo nga noon, we can get dogs or cats, even cows."

"Are you feeling better?" He asked.

"Thanks to you." Mikee smiled.

***