CHAPTER 19

"YOU'RE REAL right? Di naman to panaginip?" She asked Kairos for the fifth time. Hindi pa din siya makapaniwala na andito ito ngayon sa harapan niya.

"Yes, I am." Hinaplos nito ang pisngi niya. "Let's get medicine para diyan sa sugat mo. Why are you so clumsy?"

Sinabi kasi niya na malamang ay tumama siya kung saan kagabi habang umiinom.

"I'm okay. Sugat lang yan." Hindi niya iyon iniinda. Her father has no room in her emotions right now. She's just so happy.

"Sorry for everything that happened." He apologized again. "I should have just avoided Bea altogether. Hindi na ako dapat nagbigay ng rason for you to doubt me."

"Alam mo okay na, huwag na nating balikan. I was so out of it the past few weeks na having you here makes all those other things fade." She smiled.

Nakaupo pa din sila sa kama, kanina pa niya pinagmamasdan ito. If she could memorize his face even more then she would. She will engrave his face in her mind so that she can keep him there in all his perfection.

When Kairos said that he liked her, she felt like her heart started beating so fast. Her mind went into hyperdrive just thinking about the fact that he did. She is one step closer to making him fall in love. Never niyang mamadaliin na mahalin siya nito. She can wait for years and never get tired.

Pero syempre kahit na buo na ang loob niya na tumayo sa tabi nito ay hindi pa din naman siya ganung kasigurado sa sarili niya. She still has secrets that she still can't tell him. May tsansa din na hindi na umusbong pa ang pagkagusto nito sa kanya. The future holds so much mysteries for Mikee to be sure enough. What she is absolutely sure of as of this very moment is that she's going to live this life one day at a time, whatever the future holds let it be her problem tomorrow.

"Why me?" She asked.

"'Cause you're you, hindi ko maipaliwanag in words but there's just something in you." He smiled.

"Yung years of panliligaw ko worked. Akala ko tumigil ka na nung di ka na bumalik sa office eh." Kwento niya dito.

"No, of course not. I would go on. Syempre, I want to date you kaso I wanted to give you a little more room to breathe." Mas mature talaga ito sa kanya, not just in age pero in reality talaga. Malamang ay ayaw nitong ipilit ang sarili dahil alam nito na hindi pa siya okay.

"From this point on, we have to grow more. I know that I'm not good enough..."

"You are." Kairos said. "You are enough, not just good enough but enough. Don't tell me otherwise, okay?"

"Ito na yung peak ka-kornihan natin." Finally, after a few weeks, Mikee found her laughter again. "I haven't laughed for a while. Ang sarap sa dibdib, I feel lighter."

"Me too." Tumango ito. "Are you feeling better? Gusto ko bang kumain sa labas?"

That day, they spent it doing nothing but sitting together and looking out at the beach. They just talked and laughed. Sa totoo lang, Mikee just fell in love with this man all over again. Nothing matters but this man, nothing matters but them being together.

Siguro she really did succumb to thinking na may certain standards just to be with someone, nakalimutan niya na pangarap niya ito, na she feels right at home with this man. Maybe there were standards pero hanggang pinipili siya ni Kairos, she will stay and love him and live the dream.