Chapter 10: Broken Boy Code

"And he's going to make us do community work!" I exclaimed as I told Liam the whole story.

"Did you get beaten up in the ring?"

"No, well yeah but it's not a big deal."

"Where were you hit?"

"It's fine he's my brother, so anyways-"

"But are you hurt?"

"No," I rolled my eyes, "I'm not, oh yeah where were you at the time? I didn't see you in the crowd."

"I... I had to go snitch, I tried everything to stop the fight, but they were hellbent on it."

"It's o-" he cut me off.

"It's not, I should've tried harder, if even one person knows I'm behind it," he paused and flinched, "not many good things will happen."

"No one will know about it," I said reassuringly as I put my hand on his shoulder.

"I broke the code for you," he ran his hand through his hair in distress and whispered, "the guy code is the most important thing here."

I bit my lips, not knowing what to say.

Someone knocked the door and he stood up really fast, his widened eyes was close to falling out of its place.

"They're here," he whispered.

I shook my head, looked at the mirror to make sure my wig is in place, and slowly walked to the door.

I opened the door and Noah stood behind it and gruffly said, "dean wants us."

He shrugged and walked to the other side.

Liam sighed a breath of relief and said, "that was so close."

I shook my head and said, "don't worry no one is going to know."

I patted his back and left the dorm room.

I went straight to the deans office, I entered the room after knocking the door.

"Did you ask for me?" I asked.

"No, didn't I already talk to you?" He slightly tilted his head down so he can look at me without his tiny glasses.

"I apologize, I was told that-"

"Never mind them, but now that you are here, I need to ask you a question that you must answer honestly to."

"Of course sir."

He pointed at the chair and I sat down.

"How did you get to that room?"

"I got out of the class when a student told me there is a fight and he said that I have to attend, since it's a rule for students to," he nodded his head telling me to continue on.

"Well I said that I will think about it and he said that it's happening right now and I need to be there or something along the lines. Then when I was pushed into the room, I was blindfolded and a few people hit me while I was being led to the ring."

"You didn't fight back?"

"Of course I did but there was someone holding me tightly but I did get to kick someone, I'm not sure who."

He nodded his head, "if you have any problems don't hesitate to come to me, I should have been there for other new students but I didn't know such things even happened."