Chapter 15: Sibling Hangout

I woke up at 9pm and I groggily looked around my room. My hungry stomach reminded me I haven't eaten dinner, I unlocked my locked door and tried my best to sneak to the kitchen without being caught.

Well I wouldn't have been caught, if Noah wasn't sitting right in front of the door as I opened it, causing him to fall back into my room.

He grunts in surprise and looked around until he spotted me, "that hur-" he stopped his sentence midway and got up.

"Are you hungry?" He looked at me expectedly.

Debating answering or not, I finally nodded my head, "very."

"Alright I'll order pizza, the boys already ate so it's just you and me."

I nodded my head, "where's mom?"

"I'm not sure, she left the house a while back and never came back... is she okay?"

I shrugged my shoulders, "I don't know."

He nodded his head and put his phone to his ear, "two combo medium pizzas, one pepperoni and another chicken Caesar please, thank you, to be del- I'll come pick it up yes alright thank you, under the name Noah Davidson."

He shut the phone and smiled at me, "let's go to the pizza place like old times?"

I moved my eyes around avoiding eye contact, "fine don't talk to me, just come with me and we won't even talk there?"

I looked at him and finally nodded my head.

"Alright let's go little child," he said as he grabbed my arm and pulled me gently towards the stairs.

We walked the stairs and he grabbed his car keys while I wore my shoes.

"Come on," he said as I finished tying my shoelaces.

I nodded my head and followed after him, the ride to the restaurant went silently except for the music he played in the car.

Once settled in the restaurant, he brought the pizza to our table and said shocked, "there is lettuce on the Caesar pizza."

I laughed at him and looked at the pizza, it indeed had lettuce on it.

Suddenly remembering this same scenario that happened in the past.

"He said that," I said with a frown, "can't believe he would leave just like that."

I leaned my head on my hand.

"I can't do anything right! Dammit! I'm so sorry."

I smiled at him, "it's alright Noah, I-" I sighed and leaned back into the sofa chairs, "I'm sorry for the way I acted, we are all going through things."

He nodded his head and leaned on his right hand, "I didn't mean what I said at home, you're a great sister and I trust you."

I nodded my head, "so now that you trust me, tell me a secret."

He smiled and shook his head, "you never change, well... a secret I want to share with my little child of a sister is, I thought ordering Caesar pizza would be funny but I didn't remember-" he suddenly stopped, "that piece of sh-"

He shook his head and got up, I looked around to find what was going on, only to see my dad with his new wife and two kids.

I frowned, he left his own kids to raise someone else's. I bit my lip and got up to see where Noah went.

He was talking to the cashier and she gave him two boxes. He rushed back to where we sat and put the pizzas in the boxes.

Once he was done, he started to walk towards the exit, as he pushed the door open, his hold on the boxes strengthened, I noticed dents starting to form on them.