Four

Kailyn POV

We had reached the tournament grounds and we were in group A,the first battle that is. Tyson was especially happy because of us being the first one as he didn't have to wait around. Secretly,I was also glad but didn't want to express it.

Currently,I was just going over who we are supposed to fight and I would say they have okay stats, nothing our team couldn't defeat. I was so immersed in the reading that I didn't realise the white tigers were coming and mocking us.

"That's what you should do,Kailyn. Have a board of information in your hands not a blade" I lift up my head to see who was mocking me. "Oh,you are talking to me?" I pointed at myself while Lee glared at me. Ray stood in front of me and glared back. Oh,how much I hate my short height.

"You don't seem flustered anymore, Kailyn" Kevin teasingly smiled. I rolled my eyes and looked back at my board.

"Although I hate that kid,he wasn't
wr—"

"Shut up will you?" I warned.

.

The tomboys,who were undefeated in the Asian tournaments,were against us. Ray was the first one to battle from our side and Tyson had triggered him with the 'White Tigers' topic.

"Do the white tigers still have their claws on you Ray?" Kai,who sat beside me, mumbled. "I like that" I appreciated but Kai ignored my presence. I rolled my eyes and laid on the seat.

The first one to go against us was Andrew of the tomboys. The stats flashed on my laptop and I am sure Ray would easily win.

The DJ started the match as I saw Beyblade action for the first time in a long time and look at the treat,I got to watch drigger. He had unleashed his main attack,too soon in my opinion. His blade landed on the edge as drigger flew up and saved himself.

"Ah,yak attack. Has advantage over Ray's drigger" I analysed as Kenny added on.

"That's a no brainer. We book Ray a bus ticket home" Kai crossed his arms and closed his eyes. I turned to him and glared at him. "Kai!" Tyson raged.

"If Ray doesn't win,he doesn't deserve to be on the team" He opened his eyes and commented. My glare softened and I said "Come on Kai,give the boy a chance"

Kai raised his eyebrow. "For the last time,he is not my crush!"

"Ray,hang in there!You got it buddy" Max cheered in.

.

Andrew's Beyblade seemed to have lost the chance to defeat Ray and Ray definitely had the upper hand. The constant attacks and spins on the sand had made Andrew lose his momentum. Ray took the chance and ended the match.

"Look,he did it" Kai hmm-ed.

"Better replies?" No reply. Am I really talking to myself ?

Max was our next man up and I am sure Draciel will bring back the W. He had Waylan against him whose main attack seems to be immense heat,bad for Draciel's water attacks but I am sure Max will make it.

The surroundings had grown hot and only Waylan seemed to be the only one who seemed unaffected. I coughed, trying to draw my attention away from the immense heat but nothing seemed to work.

"Oh Lord" I wiped my sweat.

"Okay Max. Could you like finish it?We are dying here!" Tyson complained. "His Beyblade is melting, Tyson. How do you want him to battle against that!" I informed. "I think I have an idea"

"Yeah,Kailyn?" Tyson asked.

"Well,the only way to maintain such immense heat is to keep rapidly spinning. Once the spinning decreases,the heat decreases. There is no source of energy anymore. It's a waiting game"

"And it seems to work" I said, feeling the atmosphere cool down.

The opponent's Beyblade fell into the water as Max's green Beyblade shined through.

All of us made our way to Max and congratulated him.

"It was pretty sloppy if you ask me" Kai said. "Kai,give the guy a break" Ray defended.

"No one asked you Kai." I pointed out.

"No, it's okay. You are the team leader and if you want me to work harder,I will work harder" Max assured. "You don't need to. Kai is extra grumpy today. You did amazing" I went to Max and ruffled his hair. Everyone likes appreciation and I am sure Max craves it too.

The battle went on a bit longer than any of us wanted,to be honest. But Tyson won at the end so it was all okay.

"Why are you always so grumpy?" I asked. Kai finally looked at me. "Don't annoy me like Tyson does" He warned. I fake gasped and shook my head. "Manners,big baby"

"Stop calling me that" Kai glared while I just passed a cheeky smile. "Let's go back. I am tired" Tyson complained as everyone tagged along.

.

No one was tired. The journey to our cottage was too chaotic and it did annoy me,but it was alright. Everyone enjoys their first win.

"Kailyn" Max yelled, extending his hand in front of my face. I felt my laptop almost slipping off due to shock. I glared at Max but still placed my hand on top of his. "Kenny,take her laptop" He made me stand up and led me to the back of the bus.

"What is it?" I was confused. Where was he leading me anyways?

"Sit!" He suddenly pushed me and made me sit. "Oh God!What?" I exclaimed, grabbing the front seat to maintain the composer. I looked back to see Ray with his arms open.  Probably thought I would fall or something because of the sudden push. I sat up straight and smiled at him,before turning my gaze at Max and Tyson.

"Y'all are annoying" I said, standing up. "Sit down!We are hel—"

"No one's helping no one" I complained and tried to walk past them but they pushed me back and made me sit beside Ray.

Kai,this is all your fault.

"Ray,do you mind if I sit beside you?" I asked. Consent is required y'all. Ray nodded at me. "Okay cool. Bring me my laptop and board. I have to get over things" I ordered,to which Tyson and Max obeyed.

"You will work when you have such a solid chance to sail the ship!" Tyson said, astonished. "What ship are we sailing?" I asked, raising my eyebrow at them. I am not dumb but I rather not want them to keep on teasing me.

"Max!

1!2!3!4!"

"Kailyn and Ray are sitting on a tree.

K-I-S-S—"

"Kai!This is all your fault!"

I shouted, closing my ears so that I could prevent their ugly singing.

.
.
.
.