Twenty Eight

Kailyn POV

"You know what,I am starting to like you Kai"

I confessed,to myself in my mind.

I hurriedly looked away and stared at the ground, wide-eyed. What was I thinking?What did I just tell myself?I gulped and shook my head. I must mean,I like him as a person now. I didn't hate him before, it's just that I admire how awesome of a blader he is and stuff.

Why am I explaining this to myself? I know I didn't mean it in that way!

"Russian tournament,here we come!" I heard Tyson scream.

.

I didn't realise when I left Russia and I never wanted to come back. I had reasons which I wanted to forget and I am slowly doing it. We were on the train to Russia and I was getting coffee. I stared outside to see the snow-covered plains of Russia. It was unbearably cold when I lived in Russia.

Let's not remind myself of that.

I walked to our cabinet and opened it to see Ray and Max smiling because of something. I decided to let them smile like idiots.

"Who are the hosting team?" I asked,slowly sipping on my coffee. "The Demolition Boys" The coffee burned my tongue. Some of it slipped through my throat and I coughed loudly.

Max took the cup from me while Ray softly grabbed my chin and made me drink water. I thanked Ray and slapped the back of my neck.

"Are you okay?" Tyson asked to which I nodded. "What happened?Do you know them?The demolition boys?"

I gulped.

"I have heard of them. I don't know much about them" Kenny looked at me suspiciously and nodded at me. "Do you mind if I have a sip?"

Tyson asked. I nodded. Max handed over the cup to Tyson as he lift the cover and slowly drank it. "Oh,I am sorry" Tyson said slyly. I shook my head and let him drink it. I leaned back with my arms crossed and looked up.

"Oh God!" I exclaimed, sitting straight up in my sit. Kai,who slept in the above bunk,looked at me. "What happened?" Ray looked up. "Sorry,I didn't know he was up there" I cleared my throat. Kai rolled his eyes and turned away.

.

The train came into a halt as we all stood up to grab our BBA long coats. Of course,Tyson being impatient as always ran off without us. I hugged my coat tight and grabbed Tyson's coat. By the time we went out Tyson was already sniffing in cold and the people around us where looking at him weirdly. Doesn't he know that Russia's cold are the worst.

I threw his coat on his head as he quickly wrapped it around himself. "When do you ever listen?" Kenny asked. "Never." I replied on Tyson's behalf.

"I didn't know it would be this cold!" Tyson sniffed. "You didn't? Didn't you see the snow?!" Max exclaimed. I rolled my eyes and followed Kenny's lead to the hotel.

I looked around and sniffed in Russia's air. The air I so desparatly wanted to leave a couple of years ago. The air I always hated. But still,a small part of me was glad to come back. But it was a tiny part.

"How long?!Are you reading the map properly?" Tyson whined. "My Russian is a bit rusty" Kenny nervously laughed. When I was about to take the map,Kai snatched it away.

"Follow me" Kai said,firmly. Tyson did rebute to follow Kai,but nothing goes against him anyways.

.

The Abbey.

We were near the Abbey.

No,no. We can't be near the Abbey.

I walked a bit behind them.

The head of the tournament came in and invited us to eat. I can't go in there!I won't go in there!!

"I-I" The team turned to me with confused expressions. "What happened Kailyn?We are getting food and you are delaying!" Tyson complained. "I can't c-com—"

"I request" The man with the black outfit spoke out. He had his head bowed down so I couldn't see him clearly. "I—"

Tyson pulled me and my protests went into vain.

.

We went ate and walked out. A number of boys where practicing to launch their Beyblades and we're mumbling 'we earn for victory'. The memories came flooding in. I closed my eyes shut and gulped. I was too young for that shit.

I looked up at the head to see him already looking at him. I widened my eyes. Oh God!It was him!I wasn't mistaken! I hurriedly moved my gaze away and stares at the ground. Just ignore him,just ignore him....

.

That man,Boris, challenged Tyson for a battle which he gracefully agreed. A boy names Alex was against him and I knew he would lose. A normal Beyblade against a bit-beast like Dragoon would lose any second. I know what happens when you lose in this academy.

I have felt it.

"Tyson,why do you have to battle him?" I tugged on his arm as he looked at me. "Why not?I want some Beybladeing action anyways."

I whispered. "Tyson,you know that boy is going to lose. You have a bit-beast and he doesn't. End of story"

"I am sorry but I don't really like delaying" Boris muttered. He looked straight at me and smirked. I hate how that smirk freaks me out,I hate it!

I walked back and bowed my head, fisting my hand tight. I still couldn't control the shaking of my hand. This is making me look vulnerable. I took deep breaths in and shook my head.

I looked up and watched the battle unfold before my eyes.

.

Alex's Beyblade flew up and landed straight in front of Boris's feet. I stared in horror. "Oh no" I whispered. Boris crushed the Beyblade and ordered the guards to take away the boy.

"Stop it!He is just a kid!" I stepped forward. Boris lifted his head up and titled his head. "You were younger when you—"

"This isn't about me!" I hissed at him. Boris shrugged. "I can tell they don't know" He viewed my team. "He is a kid!You can't do that! Beyblade is just a game and you should treat it as such!"

"Anyone but you would know that,here, Beyblade is not just a game"

.
.
.
.