Chapter 6

CHAPTER 6

MISHTI'S POV

I am in the middle of the forest. It is almost midnight and the entire place is dark. I suddenly hear the sound of rustling of leaves and I immediately turn towards the direction of the sound, cautiously. I am in my full-on alert mode and if someone tries to attack me, I will definitely show them my expertise in Karate.

Taking slow steps, I walk in the direction of the sound, looking for the source. All of a sudden, I am hit hard by something. I hold it with my hands to feel something soft. I hear someone shouting and I close my eyes in fright and hug the soft thing that hit me, immediately.

"Open your eyes, Mishti.", I hear Abir's low voice, which causes butterflies to erupt in my stomach.

I shake my head and refuse, holding what I assume is his shirt.

"Mishti if you don't open your eyes this instant, I will tell ma not to give you food today.", I suddenly hear Kunal's voice.

Kunal? How come he is here? In the middle of the forest? And how dare he talk about not giving me food?

I slowly open my eyes to see my brother sitting next to me in my room. When did we come back to my room? Weren't we in the forest few instants ago?

Ooh I think we just teleported! But where is the portkey?

"Ah! So the queen decided to finally wake up!", Kunal said looking furious and holding a pillow in his hand. Oh! Slowly everything falls into place in my head. So I had mistaken a pillow to be Abir? Good job, Mishti.

Smiling sheepishly, "I had a dream."

Kunal huffed, "Mishtu, get this into your head. First, everybody has dreams. Second, you are not Martin Luther King, okay?"

I roll my eyes and then stretch my arms and yawn.

"Okay, come down fast", saying, Kunal leaves.

I slowly get up and walk towards my bathroom and do my morning chores.

It has been two days since I sneaked out of my room to meet Abir and still, my leg hurts a bit. Must be the lack of practice in these last 4 years.

In the last two days, we had a lot of fun. By we, I mean myself, Kunal, Abir and Naira. Today, we are planning to go to the mall. Me and Naira need to get a few new dresses for college.

So, I quickly get ready and wear the chain Abir gifted me and go downstairs. That chain is very elegant and makes me feel very comfortable. I do not like any gaudy jewellery, and this one is nowhere near gaudy. For some reason, it gives me a sense of confidence. Plus, this was gifted by Abir, so I would not miss a chance to wear it.

Downstairs, I see Abir wearing a white T shirt with a jean overcoat and black jeans that only make him look even more stunning and all I can do is just gawk at him. Then he turns towards me and gives me one of his devilish smiles that causes my heart to leap out of my chest. Regaining composure, I smile at him and then we gather at the dining table to have food.

After having breakfast, me, Abir and Kunal leave in dad's car, with Kunal driving and Abir in the passenger seat. We first go to Naira's home to pick her up. As soon as she settles with me in the backseat, we head to the mall.

On the way, I turn on the radio and the two of us dance to every single song that comes up. The boys in the front keep laughing at our funny moves, but we don't care.