Chapter 18

CHAPTER 18

ABIR'S / MR. DIXIT'S POV

I sigh as I place my pen back on my desk. I am currently working in my office, with a big head ache making me want to rip my head off. Deciding to have a cup of coffee, I get up from my chair and walk towards the lift to go to the respective floor. But when the elevator doors open, I regret my decision almost immediately.

Because the person standing in there is Lina Sehgal, the person who has been flirting with me since the moment I stepped into this office more than four months ago.

I take a deep breath and get into the elevator. Once I step into the elevator and the doors close, I feel anxious as to what she is going to try this time.

Almost immediately, I feel her come close to me, trying to close the gap between the two of us. I edge myself towards the corner, trying to put some distance between us.

She slowly placed her well-manicured hands on my arm and gave me a slight squeeze.

"Hello Mr. Handsome", she tried to speak seductively, which made me want to bang my head on one of the walls.

I turned to her and gave her a tight-lipped smile.

"Going to have some coffee now Dev? I'll join you and we could bond over some nice coffee.", she spoke as soon as she noticed the floor number that I had punched in the lift.

"It's Mr. Dixit for you and no, I do not want to bond with you. So please consider this as a message and get that idea out of your head that I would actually want to talk with you. Thank you."

"Geez De- I mean Mr. Dixit. Calm down. But you would soon realize what you are missing out on", and she gave me a once over that made me want to pluck her eyes out.

The ringing of the phone interrupted our disastrous conversation, making me want to thank the caller with everything I own.

I took the phone out of my pocket and as soon as I saw the caller ID, a huge smile spread across my lips.

I would definitely thank her with everything I own. Including my life.

Mishti.

I picked the call and immediately I was treated with her melodious voice calling out my name, "Hey Abir!"

I immediately felt relieved as soon as she called me 'Abir'. I am slowly getting pissed with people calling me by my fake identity, 'Mr. Dev Dixit'. This is because I want to work in the Rajvansh Enterprises as a normal person, without being treated specially by everybody only because I am the heir of the company. The fact that all the old employees had not seen me in at least 12 years helped me fool the people quite easily. And convincing my mom for this was a huge task, but she consented eventually. Me and mom act like strangers anyway, so people did not get suspicious. Only the people who were my schoolmates or college-mates and recognized me, were informed of this identity change and they have kept the secret well as well. For almost four months now, people have been calling me Dev Dixit for the majority of my day. Only once I reach Maheshwari Sadan or my house, people call me by my real name and slowly now this has started frustrating me.

"Hi Mishtipie. Why are you calling now- ", I checked my watch quickly, "-at 2 PM? Are your classes over already?"

"No Abbi. The class at 1.45 got cancelled. So, we are sitting here simply. I have the next at 3.30 only", after a short pause, she continued, "Wait, am I disturbing you?"

"No, not at all. You would never distu- ", I wasn't able to complete the sentence as my phone was snatched from my hand.

Lina started talking rudely into the phone, "Hello Miss", she removed the phone from her ears and checked the caller ID, "Mishtipie? Yeah whatever. Please shut up and do not disturb us. Thank you.", saying so, she cut the call abruptly making my insides burn in anger.