Chapter 14

CHAPTER 14

MISHTI'S POV

I slump into my seat as I think about my next class, History of Journalism. I usually suck at History so I think it is pretty obvious why I hate this subject. Ketki sits beside me, at the end of the row, with the seat on my other side empty. Apparently, she loves History. I can't believe my new close friend loves history, the subject I despise the most.

It has been one whole week at college, and I am enjoying myself thoroughly. Ketki and I have been close friends, hanging around with each other almost all the time. She is a whole bundle of energy, laughing and spreading happiness all the time. I am really happy I found at least one good and genuine friend. And also, her role model is Mrs. Meenakshi Rajvansh. Apparently, she is her inspiration and always looks up to her, as she built her own empire brick by brick without the help of any outsider.

Well, that is true, I guess. Professionally, I admire her a lot as well. But sadly, she couldn't keep things well with her only son, Abir.

Throughout this week, Abir has been dropping me to college and Jugnu Bhaiya would pick me up. Every day, once he drops me, he doesn't leave the college and waits until I enter the college premises. It is these little things that make my heart flutter and melt immediately, as if it were ice.

As our Professor walked into the class, we all stood up and greeted him and he began his usual roll call. After another 5 minutes, we were interrupted by a boy who I have never seen in this class before.

He had nice broad shoulders and a good stature. He had well refined features and striking grey eyes. One could definitely say he had good looks, but not as good-looking as Abir.

He walked in and went directly to our professor, "Good morning sir. I am Nishanth Sharma, a new admission. This is my first day at college.", he spoke in his deep voice.

I turned to the other benches to actually see most of the girls swooning over him. I rolled my eyes and turned towards Ketki to whisper gossip, but I am stunned to see her gaping at him like he is the last guy on the planet. I wave my hands in front of her and she clears her throat and comes out of her day-dream, clearly flustered.

"Don't tell me you were staring at him", I whisper-yelled at her.

"Hey! My school did not have guys even half as good looking like he is. So, it is not my fault I got stunned seeing this guy.", she whispered back to me.

"Don't worry there are quite a few good-looking seniors in our college. You can stare at them day in and day out."

She immediately stamped on my foot.

Really hard.

I winced in pain as she muttered a few incoherent curses, "Girl, you don't need to get all violent here."

She rolled her eyes in response.

A few things I like about her company is that I can be myself around her without having to put on any façade and I have developed this comfort level within just a week's time. I can share all my deepest secrets with her, without having the fear of being judged.

"Go and take a seat", my thoughts were interrupted by the voice of our professor. The new boy walked in between our class and took the seat right beside me and gave me a smile. I smiled at him back and I immediately turned towards Ketki to whisper in her ear.

"Hey Ketu, I think the two of us have sat in the wrong seats."

Again, my foot was being stamped on.