Chapter 19

CHAPTER 19

ABIR'S POV

"No", I say firmly.

"Yes."

"No."

"Please!"

"Nope, not happening at all!"

"Abbi, don't be such a spoil sport. It will be fun."

I scoff, "Fun? Are you even hearing yourself right now? Driving for thirteen hours straight from Rajkot to Mumbai by car doesn't sound fun to me. Nope. Not at all."

Both of us are now seated on the couch, thinking about how to travel to Mumbai.

She crosses her arms across her chest and pouts slightly, that make my insides erupt, "Well, to me, it does", she mumbles to herself.

I raise my eyebrow at her and she scowls at me in return. She has to be the cutest human being I have met.

Ever.

I chuckle to myself slightly, thinking about her cute antics.

"What?", she asks, still frowning.

I shake my head in a no. After a few seconds of silence, I continue, "So. If you want to go by car, Jugnu Bhaiya will drive us. Or we can go by train or a plane. The choice is yours."

She clicks her tongue in irritation, "Abir, if you don't want to drive, let me drive. I can do that.", she says with determination lacing her words.

I look at her incredulously, "You? You haven't even gotten your license yet! How will you take the both of us to Mumbai? Do you have a fake license or what?"

She crunches her eyebrows together, an indication that she is actually thinking, "Actually, now that you say it, I think I can get that done in 2 days. You know, the fake license.", she says that as if it is that most obvious and easiest thing to do.

I look at her with wide eyes and shout, "MAA!"

She jumps from her seat and launches straight at me and covers my mouth, causing me to fall flat on my back, with her on top of me. Both my hands automatically go around her waist, holding her in place. Her other hand is supporting my neck from down, which causes sudden tingles and goosebumps to shoot down through my body.

"What is it Abir?", I heard Rajshree ma shout from upstairs.

Mishtipie held my mouth in a tighter grasp, if that is possible, "Mom, nothing. You know Abbi right, he is scared of small things like cockroaches", she chuckled nervously, "Don't worry mom, I'm here, right? I'll take care of it. Cockroaches of all sizes know that they won't be able to win against Mishti Maheshwari.", she said the last part looking directly into my eyes, confidence oozing out of her.

I removed one hand from her waist and took her hand off my mouth and raised an eyebrow at her, "So, am I a cockroach now?"

She shrugged, "Well, it depends. Do you want to fight with me?"

"Of course not."

She then placed both her hands on either side of my face, caging me between her, "So does that mean you accept defeat?"

I smirked at her. I know what she is doing. And nope, I wont fall for tricks. "No. I don't. It means we are going by car, with Jugnu Bhaiya."

She leaned closer causing my heat to race and butterflies to flutter in my stomach, "Are you sure?", she spoke in a low voice.