Chapter 27

CHAPTER 27

ABIR'S POV

She is an addiction.

Just like having drugs.

Now that I have kissed her, the urge to have her within the confines of my arms forever, protecting her from every possible evil, is so high that I am unable to sit without any physical contact with her. I look at her in front of me. Her whole face is flushed and red colour is tainting her cheeks which makes her look like a fresh rose that has just bloomed. She is pretending to watch the sunset as the Ferris Wheel is going down, yet I knew that she could feel my strong gaze on her because she kept fidgeting her fingers or blushed even more if that was possible.

She cleared her throat, "Don't you know that it is rude to stare, Mr. Rajvansh?"

I raised my eye brows at her, "Miss. Maheshwari, I've been told that there is nothing wrong in staring at what's mine."

She crossed her right leg on top of her left, crossed her arms and cocked a single eye brow, "Yours? I don't belong to anyone Mr. Rajvansh. I'm my own person."

Within one second, she became her fierce self and I would be lying if I said she doesn't look hot now.

God, she looks breath taking.

I cleared my throat and my thoughts, "Oh yeah? Too bad, you're my girl now."

It seemed as if she got surprised, because she looked at me with those beautiful wide doe eyes and her lips parted in confusion, "Your girl?"

I smiled seeing her getting flustered once again. I nodded, "Yep"

And once again, she was a blushing mess.

God, I've seen so many avatars of Mishtipie today. The kiddish one demanding candy floss, the angry one shouting at the controller, the understanding one talking about my love for photography, the bossy one who just disappeared a few seconds ago and the shy one who is sitting in front of me right now. And each one of them is beautiful. So beautiful that all I want to do is cherish all of them all my life.

I chuckled and slowly forwarded my hand towards her and interlaced our fingers together. I looked back at her to find her gaze rooted to the ground. She looked so adorable that I immediately pinched her cheek with my other free hand. She swatted my hand away and scowled at me.

I sighed and looked at our intertwined hands. I am so deep into this now that there is going to be no turning back for me. There is going to be no point in denying the obvious. The faster I accept it, the better.

Yet, I still feel scared to put a name to my feelings.

What if things don't work out the way it should?

What if something happens to her because of me?

What if she detests me after knowing the truth that I have very carefully hidden all these years?

"Love doesn't cause pain Abir."

"Love gives us hope. It also gives us a lot of reasons to be happy. All we need to do is find the right ones."

"You too deserve to be happy, Abir"

"Never give up on what you love, Abbi. Never."

Voices of two different women from different conversations echo in my mind. I take a deep breath and look at our interlaced hands again. I can't postpone the inevitable. What is bound to happen will definitely happen. And falling in love with Mishtipie is one of them.