Chapter 13

CHAPTER 13

MISHTI'S POV

I wake up to the blaring sound of my alarm. Groaning, I switch it off and fall on my bed again. I turn my head side to side thinking about the future ahead.

It has been three weeks since Kunal left Rajkot and things have been going quite smoothly. Teddy is being a little busy with his office work and taking care of Kuhu and her father. Apparently, his health is detoriating. Meanwhile, Abir has been working at Rajvansh Enterprises for over two weeks now. He comes here for breakfast every morning, goes to his office from there and comes back home again for dinner. He is a little busy as well, but somehow, he manages to find time for me always.

I slowly get up from the bed and go to the bathroom to finish my daily chores. After having a good bath, I come out in my bath robe and look for a good salwar suit to wear today, in my cupboard. Today happens to be my first day at college and I want to look my best for the occasion. I always believe that the first impressions are always the best impressions. I quickly pick a light blue salwar, matching earrings and Abir's heart pendant and wear them. I apply kajal for my eyes and put on some lip balm. I braid my front bangs and leave the rest free.

I look at myself in the mirror and I smile at the person I see in front, to see her mimicking my actions. I can clearly see on my face that I am a little bit nervous, but at the same time I am really excited. I am going to enter a new phase of my life. Teddy and Abir have always told me that college life is fun. I take a deep breath to control all my anxiety. I am taking my first step today towards becoming what I want to become, a journalist, and I am looking forward to everything that life has to offer.

I take my bag and check if I have taken all my necessities before going downstairs. I see my mother busy packing lunch for me and my dad involved in a very serious conversation about business with Abir. Once I go downstairs, we go to the idol of Lord Krishna and I pray to him for a very successful college life.

Then, we go to the dining table to have our breakfast, with ma serving us chapatis. I feel somebody kick my feet suddenly and I jerk due to the sudden intrusion. I look up with wide eyes and a hammering heart to see Abir mouthing the words "Are you okay". I smile slightly and nod at him. He gives me his famous grin, that has my insides melting into a puddle.

Why does he have to be so cute?

After having breakfast, I take the blessings of my parents.

Mom caressed my hair lovingly, "All the best, Mishti. All that I want is for you to give your best in whatever you do."

Dad then continued, "Yes Mishti. We will always be proud of you no matter what. Best of luck, beta."

I hugged them both and muttered a few "thanks".

"Mishtipie, come let's leave.", Abir started, taking out of his car keys.

I turned and looked at him for a few seconds.

I am going with him?

I turned to my dad, "Dad, you told me yesterday that I will be going to college in our car with Jugnu Bhaiya?"

Jugnu Bhaiya is our car driver who has been with us since all 3 of us were kids. He is extremely sweet and is definitely trust-worthy.

"Yes Mishti, but Abir says he will drop you to college everyday since it is on his way to his office. Jugnu will come to pick you up in the evenings."

Wow.

I nodded meekly and slowly followed Abir out of the house. I slipped into the passenger seat beside Abir and waved my hands at my parents, as we left.