Chapter 35

CHAPTER 35

MISHTI'S POV

I get down from my car and run across the pathway to ring the doorbell of his house. The sun had just risen and the cold winds of the musky morning made me thrilled, energized and excited.

As the door flung open, a huge grin spread across my lips, while adrenaline coursed through my body. One glance at him and my heart started thudding at the pace of Usain Bolt.

Abir was looking extremely cute this morning wearing his night clothes. His hair looked extremely messed up and hi shrunk his eyes and rubbed them with his fist, to adjust to the bright light outside his house. Once he realized it was me, he gave me a surprised smile, "To what do I owe this pleasure early in the morning, sahiba?"

I raised a single eyebrow, "I thought you wanted me to be a part of gym sessions from now on! Hmm, maybe I misunderstood, my lord. I will take your leave now then."

"Oi!", he quickly held my wrist and stopped me from moving, "You are not leaving. Not now, not in the future. So. Since my gym is inside my house, do you think I should bring a bowl of rice and a plate for arti?"

I shook my head at his antics, "Ajeeb Rajvansh!"

He opened his eyes wide, "Hey! You've stolen my sleep and my peace! If I am Ajeeb, then you are a chorni!"

I start hitting him on his shoulders. He yelps and exclaims, "Oh God! You're an Angry Chorni!"

I frown when I hear him laugh and turn to leave when he pulls me close to him by my arm. "I love you a lot, Mishtipie, I really do!", Abbi gave me breathtaking smile that filled my heart with warmth. "What will I do without you!", he bent down and kissed gently on my nose.

I grinned and leaped on top of him. He quickly wound his hands around my small back while I wound my legs around his waist. A hearty laugh escaped his mouth and I couldn't help but laugh with him too.

My heart was full. What more could I wish for?

I looked into his eyes to find it brimming with love- all for me. A small thread of tears covered them now, making me realize how vulnerable he actually was. As the happy tears escaped his eyes, I bent down slowly and kissed them, effectively preventing them from rolling down his cheeks.

He gave me a wide grin, which put every worry I had in the back of my head. I unwound my legs from his waist and lifted my legs up, while he held onto me as tightly as he could. I cupped his face with both my hands and rubbed my nose with his, causing a giggle to escape from his mouth. I giggled even more, as he placed a sweet kiss on my chin.

"ABIR!", the thundering vice of Mrs. Meenakshi Rajvansh interrupted our happy moment.

He immediately placed me on the ground and turned around and faced his mother, who stood there with her huge bloodshot eyes wide open. She glared at me as she spoke, "Oh! So this is why you have always been staying at that house every day, all these years! For this girl! If you would've told me Abir, I would've found you better girls than her! She? Really? This girl? How come Abir! How did your taste in women become so cheap?"

Abir interrupted, "MOM! You can't talk to her that way!"

She mirthlessly laughed, "I knew it! I always knew it! This girl had it in her to snatch you away from me! Always! From the very first day!"

***

I woke up with a huge jerk. Sweat covered my skin as I thought about my dream.

Cheap.

That's what I am, apparently.

The words of Abbi's mother from a couple of days back are now haunting my dreams. I had gone to his house to meet him early in the morning that day and came back home embarrassed and disappointed. Though Abbi did his best to cheer me up the entire day, one thing was clear to me. I haven't gotten my happy ending – not yet.

I walked down to the kitchen and had some water to calm myself down and divert my mind. But unfortunately, I couldn't.

I sat down on the couch in the living room and thought about it. Thinking about my future with Abir has already got me so excited that all I do is smile all day.

It has been two months since we confessed our love for each other. On our relationship front, we have been going strong. When we are around each other, both of us keep blushing. If possible, I have fallen more in love with him while Abbi has started to express himself more. Now, he is more open to sharing his vulnerabilities, fear and trauma.

But everything will become perfect only when Meenakshi aunty and Abir talk their hearts out with each other. As much as I don't like her, I also respect her for the woman she is. I don't want to force Abir to patch up with her. No, I wouldn't do that. It would be wrong of me. He won't and shouldn't forget everything that happened and become normal with her that easily. But all I want is them to have a conversation about what they want and what they expect from each other.

I have felt that their relationship has been damaged so much only because of what they have been expecting from each other. While she wants him to be like her perfect son assisting her in everything she does, all he wanted from her was a little bit of affection and care. Whatever it is, it must start with a conversation. Maybe, in the future both of them might be able to leave all the bitterness behind. Maybe, things may get worse for both of them. But whatever it is, it is time they face it. It has been pending for so long.

Sighing, I return back to surfing through my social media for some time and when I am about to put my phone down, I notice Abir being online on WhatsApp. I frown a bit, as I wonder the reason behind him being awake at around 4 in the morning. Keeping it in my mind to question him in the morning, I put my phone aside and go back to my room to sleep.

***

Hey guys! This is Chapter 35! Hope you guys liked it!

I know I've been missing for a long time now, due to personal commitments. I'll try to be more active and publish chapters regularly!

There are a lot of messages checking up on me and a lot of comments as well! Thank you guys for everything! I'll read through them and reply to everything very soon!

Also, this book will come to an end very soon. After this one gets completed, I will start updating my second MishBir FanFic, His Bride!

Thank you so much! <3