Chapter 30

CHAPTER 30

MISHTI'S POV

The next two days went in a blur. I felt super bored sitting simply on my hospital bed, doing nothing. The doctors regularly checked my progress and I was forced to eat the hospital food, which I would have avoided by all means, if I had the option.

Meanwhile, mom and dad flew here, after they came to know about my accident. Mom started crying when she saw me and scolded me for being irresponsible. Dad just hugged me and stayed silent. They were pretty shaken too, I guess.

Kunal introduced Kuhu to Mom and Dad and to say that they were shocked would be an understatement. Dad stood stunned for a few minutes, realizing that the son he thought was "innocent", was no longer "innocent". Mom started her second round of crying stating that her son was now old enough to have a girlfriend and soon, he would get married and she would have grand-children. Kuhu blushed a furious shade of red at this, while Kunal just smirked.

Men.

Meanwhile, Abir was on a totally different tangent. He was silent, gloomy and undoubtedly weird. He adamantly stayed in my room all the time, except when he went home to take a bath, which he returned within 15 minutes, I don't even know how. Kunal brought his food to the room as well, as he even refused to go to the canteen to eat. He is the one who would sleep in my room every night and also the one who would feed my every meal. The rest of them understood that he was disturbed and scared, so none of them protested.

He still thinks that I did not hear his whisper that day, and I am going to maintain it that way for the time being. I understand that he is blaming himself for my accident, so I am going to talk to him once we go back to Rajkot, by when both of us would be definitely better.

Right now, the nurse removed my hair braid, cleaned my wound and redid my bandages. The doctors have instructed me to redo my bandages once again after 5 days, which we will do in Rajkot. We are planning to leave to Rajkot the day after tomorrow, with my parents finally agreeing to go back home by flight, after the fight that Abir put up that he would be the person to accompany me by car.

After she finished her job, she smiled politely at me and Abir. I smiled and nodded at her, while Abir just stared back at her. Seeing him glare at her, she squirmed in her place before she walked out of the room.

I rolled my eyes, "Abbi, at least smile at her. Poor girl."

He rolled his eyes, before opening his phone and watching some video. I sighed heavily, being bored.

During the accident, my phone apparently crashed and smashed into smithereens. I felt very bad for my phone, because you know, it didn't deserve to die.

Cue the fake tears.

But anyway, Kunal went to the shop and got a new one for me, and reactivated my sim card. Thank god, my number didn't change. That would give me a huge headache. Even though I lost all my contacts, other people would still have my number on their contact list. So, that is a relief.

As if on cue, my phone rang. I could see that it was from an unknown number, but still I was thrilled because that is the first phone call I am receiving on my new phone. Abir was immediately alerted and he sat straight. He quickly took my phone and answered my phone call, before I could even utter a word.

I glared hard at him, while he still had that 'I don't care' expression on his face. "Hello?", I heard him ask on the phone.

His glare became hard and his jaw clenched, "Nishanth?"

My face immediately lit up. It's been over four days since I talked to both Ketki and Nishanth. I was secretly hoping either of them would call me.