Chapter 8

CHAPTER 8

ABIR'S POV

Treeng. Treeng. Treeng.

I wake up due to the annoying sound of the alarm. I groan and switch it off. Stretching my arms wide, I yawn and slowly get off my bed. It's 6.30 in the morning. I brush my teeth and then go down to my gym room. After a heavy workout and yoga for about one hour, I come back to my room and take a nice shower. I wear my black jean and a grey shirt with a black overcoat and go downstairs. Without making any sound, I try to leave my house but I am stopped by my mother's voice.

"Abir, I need to talk to you."

I stand still with my back facing her. It has been four years since I heard her voice. In the last four years not once did she call me and talk to me. It always made me think if she even had my phone number. It has been a week since I arrived back to Rajkot. Not once did I see her at home. Not once did she try to talk to me.

"Yes, Mrs. Rajvansh?"

"Cut the act Abir. I want you to join our company and take up the CEO post immediately."

"And, what if I don't?"

"You will do as I say Abir. You have finished studying. The business world is waiting for your arrival."

"Mom, sorry to burst your bubble. But I will not do as you say."

I slowly turned and faced my mother. She looks the same. Wearing a very expensive saree that screams money and power. She has a very powerful aura around her that makes all her acquaintances afraid of her. She is extremely manipulative and wants things to be done in her way. She is one of Rajkot's most influential women. But sadly, that is all that she could ever be. A woman. Never a mother.

"I will live my life the way I want. I agreed to take up the company into my hands, but now is not the time for me to do that. I will tell you when I want to become the CEO."

She raised a single eyebrow with a stern look in her eyes, "And why is that so?"

"Because, I will first work in the company as a normal employee for a few months, learn how the company works, gain experience, prove myself worthy of the post and then take it up. I do not want it just because I am the son of the great businesswoman, Mrs. Meenakshi Rajvansh."

She scrunched her nose in disgust, "My son working as a mere employee? That will not happen Abir. There is no need for you to prove to anyone. You are my son. You are capable of anything. And even if you want to prove, prove yourself by leading the company to greater success."

I shake my head slowly, "Sorry, that won't happen. I give you two options. I will either work as a normal employee in Rajvansh group of companies, or some other company. I can easily find a place for myself in Minal enterprises. Vishamber dad will definitely be happy to have me work there."

Her eyes widened in anger, "Did you just blackmail your mother, Abir?"

I shake my head, "I don't blackmail my mother. I only make promises. And Abir Rajvansh never breaks his promises."

With that I turned back and walked away, with my car keys.

***

Maheshwari Sadan is a bit gloomy today. Kunal is leaving back to Mumbai tomorrow and the house is in a chaotic state.

Kunal came downstairs and waved at me, "Hey bro!"

"Hey. Where is mom and dad?"

"They've gone to the temple."