Chapter 11

CHAPTER 11

ABIR'S POV

Last night, I was not able to sleep at all. I kept turning on the bed for hours and yet, I was never able to sleep. Two things kept running in my head. One, my afternoon encounter with Mishtipie. After that, the urge to be close to her has increased ten-folds. All I wanted to do, was to stay close to her. To stay with her.

Second, her ignorance. Somehow, her ignorance bothered me a lot. She has never ignored me and the whole day she acted as if I never existed. I got frustrated. A lot.

So, in the middle of the night I went and visited her. And guess what? Just after seeing her, I felt loads better. Seeing her smile gave me happiness and seeing her talk to me normally gave me peace. I just realized that she has the power to make my day a better one just with her one smile. Yes, I was a little disappointed that she didn't trust me enough, but then, she also promised me that she would always believe in me in the future, no matter what happens.

But one thing I couldn't understand. Kunal and I have ignored each other for weeks and months together for so many petty reasons. But not once was I this much bothered.

Why is it that I can't handle her ignorance?

Right now, I am working out in my house gym. After completing my workout with my usual hundred push-ups, I get up and wipe my face with a towel and walk back to my room. I quickly take a shower and wear a black T shirt and a jean and head out immediately, hoping to not get noticed by my mother today.

"Abir, stop.", thinking of the devil, and the devil arrives.

I turn and face my mother. "Please, Mrs. Rajvansh. I am not in the mood for business."

She raised a single eyebrow and looked at me challengingly, "But you have time for the Maheshwaris?"

"Not a word against-", I was cut off by her.

"Silence Abir. Today I will speak and you will listen. You will stop your visits to the Maheshwari Sadan immediately. Cut-off all your ties with them. They are our potential business rivals. I don't want you to fraternize with the enemy."

Anger flared through my veins. I clenched my fists tight to control my anger, "The enemy? Who was it, that wanted to only work day and night, and forget about her family? The Maheshwaris have always given me love like their own son and I will forever be loyal and thankful to them. Nothing you say can change that."

By the way her tone rose a pitch, I could say she was furious, "They can love you like their own son but you will never become their son. You are my son and you will listen to what I say."

I was agitated, "Being treated like a son by the Maheshwaris is better than being your son. I will visit the Maheshwari Sadan as and when I want."

She glared at me for a few seconds, "Fine. Go and have fun with the Maheshwaris. Why should I care? Children nowadays give more importance to others than their own mothers.", she mumbled to herself.

I laughed humorlessly, "Mothers are those women who care for their children. One cannot become a mother by just giving birth to her children. You may have given birth to me, but I would always consider Rajshree ma more of my mother than you ever were."

I stared back at her before asking, "Is that all or anything else?"

She glared at me, "What about the company? What are your plans?"

I crossed my arms, "I told you earlier. I will work as a normal employee for a minimum of six months and then, I would take up the CEO post. Starting this Monday. I hope you are okay with the conditions."